J L Blum
Affiliation: US Oncology
- The role of capecitabine, an oral, enzymatically activated fluoropyrimidine, in the treatment of metastatic breast cancerJ L Blum
U S Oncology, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Oncologist 6:56-64. 2001..Capecitabine is an important new treatment option for breast cancer patients, and ongoing clinical trials should further define its role in a range of settings...
- Weekly vinorelbine is an effective palliative regimen after failure with anthracyclines and taxanes in metastatic breast carcinomaPierre Fumoleau
Cancer 98:1325-6; author reply 1326-7. 2003
- Capecitabine/Taxane combination therapy: evolving clinical utility in breast cancerJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:42-50. 2006..Several ongoing randomized adjuvant and neoadjuvant clinical trials are assessing the clinical utility of capecitabine/taxane combinations in early-stage and locally advanced breast cancer...
- Comparison of menopausal symptoms during the first year of adjuvant therapy with either exemestane or tamoxifen in early breast cancer: report of a Tamoxifen Exemestane Adjuvant Multicenter trial substudyStephen E Jones
US Oncology Research Inc, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4765-71. 2007..Hormonal breast cancer treatment increases menopausal symptoms in women. This study investigated differences between the symptoms associated with either adjuvant tamoxifen or exemestane...
- Phase II study of weekly albumin-bound paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer heavily pretreated with taxanesJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:850-6. 2007..We examined albumin-bound paclitaxel (100 mg/m2 or 125 mg/m2 administered weekly) to determine the antitumor activity in patients with MBC whose disease progressed despite conventional taxane therapy...
- Breastfeeding and the risk of breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersJoanne Kotsopoulos
Breast Cancer Res 14:R42. 2012..We present an updated analysis of breastfeeding and risk of breast cancer using a large matched sample of BRCA mutation carriers...
- Pooled analysis of individual patient data from capecitabine monotherapy clinical trials in locally advanced or metastatic breast cancerJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, 3410 Worth Street, Suite 400, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:777-88. 2012..Multivariate analyses identified greater ORR, PFS, and OS with capecitabine in patients with ER and/or PgR-positive versus ER/PgR-negative tumors. Safety was in-line with previous phase III trials in MBC...
- Genetic variation in insulin-like growth factor signaling genes and breast cancer risk among BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriersSusan L Neuhausen
Department of Epidemiology, University of California Irvine, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R76. 2009..In this study, we investigate the association of variants in genes involved in IGF signaling and risk of breast cancer in women who carry deleterious BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations...
- Association of age and overall survival in capecitabine-treated patients with metastatic breast cancer in clinical trialsJoanne L Blum
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, Dallas, TX, 75246, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:431-9. 2011..Frequency of AEs and serious AEs was not related to age at treatment, although women ≥ 65 years were more likely to withdraw from treatment because of an AE than younger women...
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and weekly paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with every-3-week taxane therapyJoanne L Blum
US Oncology Research, Inc, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:465-70. 2007....
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and weekly paclitaxel as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancerJoanne L Blum
US Oncology Research Inc, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4384-90. 2006..This trial was designed to determine the efficacy and tolerability of weekly paclitaxel plus capecitabine as first-line treatment for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Multicenter, Phase II study of capecitabine in taxane-pretreated metastatic breast carcinoma patientsJ L Blum
U S Oncology, 3535 Worth Street, Suite 600, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Cancer 92:1759-68. 2001..Capecitabine is an oral, tumor-targeted fluoropyrimidine carbamate with high activity in metastatic breast carcinoma and in paclitaxel-pretreated metastatic breast carcinoma...
- A phase I and pharmacologic study of capecitabine and paclitaxel in breast cancer patientsM A Villalona-Calero
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Oncol 12:605-14. 2001..The study also sought to recommend doses for subsequent disease-specific studies, identify clinically significant pharmacokinetic interactions, and detect preliminary antitumor activity...
- Phase II study of pemetrexed in patients pretreated with an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabine for advanced breast cancerJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Texas Oncology, PA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:143-9. 2005..This phase II study evaluated the efficacy, safety, and health outcomes of pemetrexed treatment in heavily pretreated patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Phase III trial comparing doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide with docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide as adjuvant therapy for operable breast cancerStephen E Jones
US Oncology Research, Inc, Texas Oncology, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5381-7. 2006..In 1997, we initiated a randomized adjuvant trial of TC compared with standard-dose AC with a primary end point of disease-free survival (DFS)...
- Family environments of women seeking BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic mutation testing: an exploratory analysisLisa A Keenan
Department of Neuropsychology, Transitional Learning Center, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA
J Genet Couns 13:157-76. 2004..When compared with normative data, a subset consisting of the Ashkenazi Jewish women showed a trend of less cohesion than normal families, but similar cohesion levels as distressed families...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1- and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective studyNoah D Kauff
Clinical Genetics and Gynecology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 192, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1331-7. 2008....
- Common breast cancer-predisposition alleles are associated with breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Cancer Research UK, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, UK
Am J Hum Genet 82:937-48. 2008....
- Bilateral prophylactic oophorectomy and bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in a prospective cohort of unaffected BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersTara M Friebel
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:875-82. 2007..The availability of these risk-reduction strategies is an important consideration in the decision to undergo genetic testing...