Affiliation: University of California
- Objective evidence of severe disease: opioid use in chronic painJohn A Zweifler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, Fresno, CA 93702, USA
Ann Fam Med 10:366-8. 2012..Until we have measures of pain itself, we should insist upon objective evidence of severe disease before prescribing opioids for chronic pain...
- Creating an effective and efficient publicly sponsored health care delivery systemJohn Zweifler
UCSF Fresno Department of Family and Community Medicine, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:311-9. 2011....
- The missing link: improving quality with a chronic disease management intervention for the primary care officeJohn Zweifler
UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research, Fresno, Calif 93701, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:453-6. 2007..CDM workers can potentially improve quality while reducing costs for preventable hospitalizations and emergency department visits, but evaluation at multiple levels is recommended...
- The relationship between a statewide preceptorship program and family medicine residency selectionVictoria Stout Kubal
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, CA, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:67-74. 2010....
- Physician perceptions of practice environment and professional satisfaction in California: from urban to ruralKyle Luman
Department of Family and Community Medicine and the Center for California Health Workforce Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 93720 USA
J Rural Health 23:222-8. 2007..Few studies have systematically examined the experience of rural practice from the physician's perspective or included physicians from an array of specialties, particularly non-primary care...
- High school census tract information predicts practice in rural and minority communitiesSusan Hughes
Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco Fresno Medical Education Program, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
J Rural Health 21:228-32. 2005..Identify census-derived characteristics of residency graduates' high school communities that predict practice in rural, medically underserved, and high minority-population settings...
- Vaginal birth after cesarean in California: before and after a change in guidelinesJohn Zweifler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, Calif 93701, USA
Ann Fam Med 4:228-34. 2006..This study assesses trends in VBAC in California and compares neonatal and maternal mortality rates among women attempting VBAC delivery or undergoing repeat cesarean delivery before and after this guideline revision...
- Point-Counterpoint: the argument for a 2-year versus a 4-year family medicine residencyJohn Zweifler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco- Fresno, USA
Fam Med 37:367-8. 2005
- Controlling for race/ethnicity: a comparison of California commercial health plans CAHPS scores to NCBD benchmarksJohn Zweifler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Fresno Medical Education Program, University of California, San Francisco, 155 North Fresno Street, Fresno, CA, USA
Int J Equity Health 9:4. 2010....
- Why we should reduce family practice training to two yearsJohn Zweifler
Family Practice Residency Program, University of California, San Francisco Fresno, California 93702, USA
Acad Med 78:885-7. 2003..Reducing the length of FP training to two years will make FP more nimble, adaptable, and cost-effective...
- Are sample medicines hurting the uninsured?John Zweifler
University of California, San Francisco Fresno Medical Education Family Practice Residency Program, Fresno 93702 2907, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 15:361-6. 2002..The objective of the current study was to explore associations between use of free sample medicine, hypertension, and source of payment for health care...