Susan L Zup
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Testosterone regulates BCL-2 immunoreactivity in a sexually dimorphic motor pool of adult ratsSusan L Zup
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, Neuroscience and Behavior Program, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Brain Res 950:312-6. 2002..Changes in Bcl-2 expression may underlie the hormonal control of cell death and/or neural plasticity in SNB motoneurons...
- Good versus evil: changing the approach to hormone replacement therapyGloria E Hoffman
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland, 685 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21021, USA
Endocrinology 144:4698-9. 2003
- Neuroprotection by ovarian hormones in animal models of neurological diseaseGloria E Hoffman
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Endocrine 29:217-31. 2006....
- Impact of sex and hormones on new cells in the developing rat hippocampus: a novel source of sex dimorphism?Jian Min Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:791-800. 2008..Quantification of pyknotic cells at two different developmental time points indicates no sex difference in the number of cells dying, suggesting, but not proving, that gonadal steroids are promoting cell genesis...
- Masculinization induced by neonatal exposure to PGE(2) or estradiol alters c-fos induction by estrous odors in adult ratsBridget M Nugent
Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Physiol Behav 96:383-8. 2009....
- Methamphetamine facilitates female sexual behavior and enhances neuronal activation in the medial amygdala and ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamusMary K Holder
Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland Baltimore School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:197-208. 2010....
- Overexpression of bcl-2 reduces sex differences in neuron number in the brain and spinal cordSusan L Zup
Department of Psychology and Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Neurosci 23:2357-62. 2003..In contrast to the regulation of overall cell density in AVPV, the sex difference in TH cell number apparently is not caused by a Bcl-2-dependent mechanism...
- Focal adhesion kinase and paxillin: novel regulators of brain sexual differentiation?Debra B Speert
Department of Physiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Endocrinology 148:3391-401. 2007..01), consistent with the phenotype of FAK-deficient neurons. Together, these data implicate FAK and paxillin as regulators of sex differences in neuronal morphology...