Maria Luisa Zuniga
Affiliation: University of California
- A binational study of patient-initiated changes to antiretroviral therapy regimen among HIV-positive Latinos living in the Mexico-U.S. border regionMaria Luisa Zuniga
Division of Global Public Health, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 92093 0927, USA
AIDS Behav 16:1622-9. 2012..Findings raise concern about sub-optimal adherence among this binational population. Longitudinal studies are needed to further explore adherence barriers and avenues for intervention...
- A prenatal intervention study to improve timeliness of immunization initiation in Latino infantsMARIA LUISA ZUNIGA DE NUNCIO
Division of Community Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0927, USA
J Community Health 28:151-65. 2003..Future studies should assess the role of prenatal well-child education in the context of clinics with low immunization levels...
- Evaluation of residency training in the delivery of culturally effective careMaria Luisa Zuniga
Division of Community Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Med Educ 40:1192-200. 2006..To augment resident training in the delivery of culturally effective care in order to improve clinician capacity to effectively care for patients from diverse backgrounds...
- Supporting Positive Living and Sexual Health (SPLASH): a clinician and behavioral counselor risk-reduction intervention in a university-based HIV clinicMaria Luisa Zuniga
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0927, USA
AIDS Behav 11:S58-71. 2007..Despite challenges, successful implementation of a clinic-based prevention intervention is feasible, particularly with attention to patient and provider concerns...
- Barriers to HIV care in the context of cross-border health care utilization among HIV-positive persons living in the California/Baja California US-Mexico border regionMaria Luisa Zuniga
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine La Jolla, CA 92093 0622, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 10:219-27. 2008..Additional studies are needed to better understand individual, provider and system level barriers to HIV care in the San Diego/Tijuana border region...
- Perceptions of barriers and facilitators to participation in clinical trials in HIV-positive Latinas: a pilot studyMaria Luisa Zuniga
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0628, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:1322-30. 2007..We studied barriers and facilitators to HIV/AIDS trial participation in HIV-positive Latinas in the U.S.-Mexico border region...
- Binational care-seeking behavior and health-related quality of life among HIV-infected Latinos in the U.S.-Mexico border regionMaria Luisa Zuniga
Division of Global Public Health, Department ofMedicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 22:162-72. 2011..Border-related factors were inconsistently implicated in HRQL measures. Improved understanding of complementary and alternative medicine usage by HIV-infected Latinos is warranted...
- A community-based study of barriers to HIV care initiationRobin A Pollini
Department of Medicine, Division of Global Public Health, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0927, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 25:601-9. 2011....
- High prevalence of abscesses and self-treatment among injection drug users in Tijuana, MexicoRobin A Pollini
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Int J Infect Dis 14:e117-22. 2010..Soft tissue infections are common among injection drug users (IDUs), but information on correlates and treatment in this highly marginalized population is lacking...
- Assessing an intensive school-based assistance program to enroll uninsured childrenHoward L Taras
Dept of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, 0927, La Jolla, CA 92093 0927, USA
J Sch Health 72:273-7. 2002..School-based application assistance and parent education succeeded in improving child access to care and utilization of services...
- Addressing the health needs of the underserved: a national faculty development programEllen Beck
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Acad Med 83:1094-102. 2008..This article is part of a theme issue of Academic Medicine on the Title VII health professions training programs...
- Choosing Sides: HIV Health Care Practices among Shared Populations of HIV-Positive Latinos Living near the US-Mexico BorderArgentina E Servin
1Department of Medicine, Division of Global Public Health, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 11:348-55. 2012..Further study is needed to ascertain underlying reasons to avoid ART-related resistance...
- The social and environmental context of cross-border drug use in Mexico: findings from a mixed methods study of young injection drug users living in San Diego, CAKarla D Wagner
Division of Global Public Health, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 92093, USA
J Ethn Subst Abuse 11:362-78. 2012....
- Condom access: Associations with consistent condom use among female sex workers in two northern border cities of MexicoFátima A Muñoz
University of California, San Diego, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 22:455-65. 2010..62; 95% CI: 0.39-0.97). While increased condom availability may improve condom use among FSWs in general, interventions to broaden condom use among lower income and drug-using FSWs are critically needed...
- Influences of cross-border mobility on tuberculosis diagnoses and treatment interruption among injection drug users in Tijuana, MexicoRobert Deiss
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Division of International Health and Cross Cultural Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1491-5. 2009..We sought to identify correlates of reported lifetime diagnoses of TB among injection drug users in the border city of Tijuana, Mexico...
- Behavior & Clinical Trials Participation in HIV+ LatinosMARIA ZUNIGA DE NUNCIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..