Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Genetic structure of the Aleuts and Circumpolar populations based on mitochondrial DNA sequences: a synthesisMark Zlojutro
Department of Anthropology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 129:446-64. 2006..The results of this study indicate a broad postglacial reexpansion of Na-Dene and Esko-Aleuts from reduced populations within northern North America, with D2 representing a later infusion of Siberian mtDNAs into the Beringian gene pool...
- MtDNA variation in the Altai-Kizhi population of southern Siberia: a synthesis of genetic variationChristine Phillips-Krawczak
Genetics Program, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Hum Biol 78:477-94. 2006..The findings underscore the importance of sampling strategy in the reconstruction of evolutionary history at the population level...
- Surname distributions and their association with Y-chromosome markers in the Aleutian IslandsOrion M Graf
Department of Anthropology, Laboratory of Biological Anthropology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Hum Biol 82:745-57. 2010....
- Origins of Aleuts and the genetic structure of populations of the archipelago: molecular and archaeological perspectivesMichael H Crawford
Laboratory of Biological Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Hum Biol 82:695-717. 2010..We consider alternative theories about the peopling of the Americas from Siberia. In addition, we attempt a synthesis between archaeological and genetic data for the Aleutian Islands...
- HLA genes of Aleutian Islanders living between Alaska (USA) and Kamchatka (Russia) suggest a possible southern Siberia originJuan Moscoso
Department of Immunology, Universidad Complutense, The Madrid Regional Blood Center, Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 45:1018-26. 2008..Aleuts characteristic HLA profile may influence future transplantation programs in the region and be useful to study diseases linked to HLA epidemiology...