Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Characteristics of late-onset myasthenia gravisSasa A Zivkovic
Neurology Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Neurol 259:2167-71. 2012..However, overall disease severity may not be higher with aging. These observations have implications for design of MG clinical trials and outcomes studies...
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and ventilatory failure: report of seven new cases and review of the literatureS A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, PA, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 124:59-63. 2011..Ventilatory involvement is rarely reported in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), but small prospective studies showed frequent involvement of phrenic nerves, which is usually overshadowed by severe limb weakness...
- Neurologic manifestations of transplant complicationsSasa A Zivkovic
Neurology Service, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, University Drive C, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Neurol Clin 28:235-51. 2010..Neurotoxicity may require alteration of immunosuppressive regimen, and prompt therapy of opportunistic infections improves outcomes...
- Paraproteinemic neuropathySasa A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, MSSL Neurology, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1422-33. 2009..At this time it is not clear whether mere presence of neuropathy warrants more aggressive treatment of otherwise quiescent hematologic malignances (e.g. smoldering myeloma)...
- Neurologic complications following lung transplantationSasa A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh HCS, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Neurol Sci 280:90-3. 2009..Neurologic complications are frequent after solid organ transplantation, but their spectrum in lung transplant recipients has not been characterized...
- Treatment of tardive dyskinesia with levetiracetam in a transplant patientS A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh HCS, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 117:351-3. 2008..To describe successful treatment of tardive dyskinesia with levetiracetam...
- Vasculitic neuropathy--electrodiagnostic findings and association with malignanciesS A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3471 Fifth Avenue 811, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 115:432-6. 2007..Histopathologic evaluation remains the gold standard for diagnosis, but certain electrodiagnostic findings may heighten suspicion of vasculitic neuropathy and improve the yield of nerve and muscle biopsy...
- Neuroimaging and neurologic complications after organ transplantationSasa Zivković
VA Pittsburgh HCS and Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Neuroimaging 17:110-23. 2007..In addition, we can monitor longitudinal progression of disease and treatment response...
- Myasthenia gravis and scleroderma: two cases and a review of the literatureSasa A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, United States
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:388-91. 2007..Our findings also suggest that d-penicillamine may be cautiously used in selected patients with pre-existing scleroderma and myasthenia, when potential benefits outweigh the risk of possible myasthenia exacerbation...
- Severe sensory neuropathy associated with long-term linezolid useSasa A Zivkovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Neurology 64:926-7. 2005
- Rituximab in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy associated with monoclonal gammopathySasa A Zivkovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PUH F875, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 6:1267-74. 2006..Large controlled studies are still pending but rituximab is an exciting and promising treatment offering another option in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy associated with IgM monoclonal gammopathy...
- High titers of CA-125 may be associated with recurrent ischemic strokes in patients with cancerT G Jovin
Department of Neurology, Stroke Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Neurology 64:1944-5. 2005....
- Granulomatous amebic encephalitis in a multivisceral transplant recipientO Mendez
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Neurol 13:292-5. 2006..This case highlights diagnostic difficulties encountered with amebic encephalitis and expands the spectrum of opportunistic central nervous system (CNS) infections in solid and visceral organ transplant recipients...
- Approach to vasculitic neuropathiesDavid Lacomis
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Neuromuscul Dis 9:265-76. 2007..The mainstays of treatment are corticosteroids and cyclophosphamide, but other drugs are used in specific conditions. With early diagnosis and careful monitoring of treatment regimens, the prognosis is usually good...
- The clinical spectrum of neurologic disorders after intestinal and multivisceral transplantationSasa A Zivkovic
The VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System and The Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Clin Transplant 24:164-8. 2010..Long-term heavy immunosuppression and complex systemic disturbances increase the risk of the neurologic complications...
- A case of area-specific stimulus-sensitive postanoxic myoclonusSasa A Zivkovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 20:111-6. 2003....
- Muscle cramps associated with localized scleroderma skin lesions: focal dystonia, neuromyotonia, or nerve entrapment?Sasa A Zivkovic
J Rheumatol 33:2549. 2006
- Chronic eosinophilic perimyositis with persistent myalgiasSasa A Zivkovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, BST South, Room S515, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Muscle Nerve 25:461-5. 2002..This case illustrates that the diagnosis of eosinophilic perimyositis requires histopathological evaluation, which should be pursued in patients with eosinophilia and persistent myalgia despite normal electromyography and muscle enzymes...