Michelle M Zive
Affiliation: University of California
- Sources of dietary fat in middle schoolsMichelle M Zive
University of California, San Diego, Community Pediatrics Division, La Jolla 92093, USA
Prev Med 35:376-82. 2002..The current study uses an ecological approach to describe the food environment at 24 middle schools and multiple food sources' dietary fat contribution...
- Promoting HIV risk awareness and testing in Latinos living on the U.S.-Mexico border: the Tú No Me Conoces social marketing campaignAlisa M Olshefsky
Division of Community Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:422-35. 2007..Improved understanding of effective social marketing messages for HIV testing in the growing Latino border population is warranted...
- Salad bars and fruit and vegetable consumption in elementary schools: a plate waste studyMarc A Adams
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, 3900 Fifth Ave, Suite 310, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1789-92. 2005..05), adjusting for sex and grade. Fruit and vegetable variety was associated with elementary school-age children's fruit and vegetable consumption when using salad bars...
- Environmental interventions for eating and physical activity: a randomized controlled trial in middle schoolsJames F Sallis
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Am J Prev Med 24:209-17. 2003..Our objective was to evaluate the effects of environmental, policy, and social marketing interventions on physical activity and fat intake of middle school students on campus...
- Parent support and parent-mediated behaviors are associated with children's sugary beverage consumptionNanette V Lopez
Institute for Behavioral and Community Health, San Diego State University and University of California, San Diego, 9245 Sky Park Court, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:541-7. 2012....
- What do middle school children bring in their bag lunches?Terry L Conway
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, California, 92123, USA
Prev Med 34:422-7. 2002....
- Vitamin supplement intake is related to dietary intake and physical activity: The Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health (CATCH)Lindsay Reaves
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minneapolis School of Public Health, 1300 S Second St, Ste 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:2018-23. 2006..Further study on supplement use by adolescents, including other types of supplements used and reasons for use, is warranted...