Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Increasing colon cancer testing in rural Colorado: evaluation of the exposure to a community-based awareness campaignLinda Zittleman
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
BMC Public Health 9:288. 2009..This study describes the program components and implementation and explores whether the target population was exposed to the intervention, the reach of the individual intervention components, and the effect on screening intentions...
- Boot camp translation: a method for building a community of solutionNed Norman
Community Advisory Council of the High Plains Research Network, Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:254-63. 2013....
- Card studies for observational research in practiceJohn M Westfall
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:63-8. 2011..Card studies have been used to describe clinical problems, management, and outcomes in primary care for more than 30 years. In this article we describe 2 types of card studies and the methods for conducting them...
- Underinsurance in primary care: a report from the State Networks of Colorado Ambulatory Practices and Partners (SNOCAP)Kenton Voorhees
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045 6508, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 21:309-16. 2008..This purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of underinsurance among patients seen in primary care clinics...
- Use of colon cancer testing in rural Colorado primary care practicesLinda Overholser
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 360 S Garfield Street, Denver, CO 80209, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1095-100. 2009..People living in rural areas may be less likely to be up to date (UTD) with screening guidelines for colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Testing to prevent colon cancer: results from a rural community interventionJohn M Westfall
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Ann Fam Med 11:500-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to develop and test a community-based participatory approach to increase colon cancer screening...
- Engaging communities in education and research: PBRNs, AHEC, and CTSAJohn M Westfall
Department of Family Medicine, Colorado Area Health Education Center, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:250-8. 2012..Area Health Education Centers engage communities in education and workforce development...
- What keeps patients from adhering to a home blood pressure program?Laura S Huff
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:370-9. 2011..Home blood pressure monitoring (HBPM) predicts cardiovascular risk and increases hypertension control. Non-participation in HBPM is prevalent and decreases the potential benefit...
- Predictors of colorectal screening in rural Colorado: testing to prevent colon cancer in the high plains research networkWalter F Young
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Rural Health 23:238-45. 2007..Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States, yet screening rates are well below target levels. Rural communities may face common and unique barriers to health care, particularly preventive health care...