Affiliation: University of California
- Bupropion sustained release for bereavement: results of an open trialS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:227-30. 2001..The present study was conducted to assess whether DSM-IV-defined bereavement responds to bupropion sustained release (SR)...
- A placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial of nortriptyline for chronic low back painJ H Atkinson
Department of Psychiatry, San Diego VA Healthcare System, CA 92161, USA
Pain 76:287-96. 1998..This modest reduction in pain intensity suggests that physicians should carefully weigh the risks and benefits of nortriptyline in chronic back pain without depression...
- Depressive symptoms in schizophreniaS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, and the San Diego VA Healthcare System, 92161, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:1736-43. 1999....
- A comparison of community-dwelling older schizophrenia patients by residential statusL A Auslander
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 103:380-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: Among schizophrenia out-patients, one needs to consider residential status in evaluating heterogeneity in cognitive performance or quality of wellbeing...
- Nefazodone in patients with treatment-refractory posttraumatic stress disorderS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0603, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:203-8. 2000..e., intrusive recollections, avoidance/numbing, and hyperarousal). This open-label study evaluated the use of nefazodone in a group of Vietnam veterans with chronic, treatment-refractory symptoms of PTSD...
- Depression in late life. Diagnosis, course, and consequencesS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine 92093, USA
Postgrad Med 100:143-8, 150, 156. 1996....
- Depression in late life. Special considerations in treatmentS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093, USA
Postgrad Med 100:161-2, 165-7, 171-2. 1996..Treatment must be geared toward not only helping patients get well but helping them keep well...
- Effects of noradrenergic and serotonergic antidepressants on chronic low back pain intensityJ H Atkinson
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0603, USA
Pain 83:137-45. 1999..These results suggest that at standard dosages noradrenergic agents may provide more effective analgesia in back pain than do selective serotonergic reuptake inhibitors...
- Is unrecognized bipolar disorder a frequent contributor to apparent treatment resistant depression?R Correa
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego UCSD, USA
J Affect Disord 127:10-8. 2010..This review attempts to assess the degree to which prevailing empirical data supports that view...
- Association of depressive symptoms with worse functioning in schizophrenia: a study in older outpatientsH Jin
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, and VA San Diego Healthcare System, 92161, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:797-803. 2001..Effectiveness of adjunct treatment of depressive symptoms with antidepressants and psychosocial management in improving functioning of schizophrenia patients deserves further study...
- Preadult onset vs. adult onset of major depressive disorder: a replication studyS Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, San Diego VA Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:196-205. 2007..This study seeks to replicate these findings...
- Suicidality in middle aged and older patients with schizophrenia and depressive symptoms: relationship to functioning and Quality of LifeJ Kasckow
VA Pittsburgh Health Care System, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:1223-8. 2007....