Lewis E Zionts
Affiliation: University of California
- Has the rate of extensive surgery to treat idiopathic clubfoot declined in the United States?Lewis E Zionts
Orthopaedic Hospital, 2400 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:882-9. 2010..The present study sought to determine whether the rate of extensive surgical releases to treat idiopathic clubfoot in the United States has decreased...
- Treatment of idiopathic clubfoot: experience with the Mitchell-Ponseti braceLewis E Zionts
Orthopaedic Hospital, UCLA Orthopaedic Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 32:706-13. 2012..We describe our experience with the effectiveness of the MP brace to maintain correction of clubfeet corrected using the Ponseti method...
- A comparison of two approaches for the closed treatment of low-energy tibial fractures in childrenMauricio Silva
Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1853-60. 2012..We hypothesized that allowing children to immediately bear weight as tolerated in a cast with the knee in 10° of flexion would lessen disability, without increasing the risk of unacceptable shortening or angulation...
- The use of the Ponseti method to treat clubfeet associated with congenital annular band syndromeLewis E Zionts
UCLA, Orthopaedic Hospital, Department of Orthopaedics, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 33:563-8. 2013..The purpose of this report was to describe the use of the Ponseti method in the treatment of 5 patients whose clubfeet were associated with this syndrome...
- Propofol sedation for infants with idiopathic clubfoot undergoing percutaneous tendoachilles tenotomyMohamad Iravani
UCLA Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 33:59-62. 2013..To determine whether percutaneous tenotomy of the Achilles tendon in infants with idiopathic clubfeet can be safely performed under propofol sedation...
- The current management of idiopathic clubfoot revisited: results of a survey of the POSNA membershipLewis E Zionts
UCLA Orthopaedic Hospital, Department of Orthopaedics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 32:515-20. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the recent approach to treating clubfoot among the POSNA membership...
- Type II supracondylar humerus fractures: can some be treated nonoperatively?Hillard T Spencer
UCLA Orthopaedic Hospital Department of Orthopaedics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 32:675-81. 2012..However, the clinical difficulty in using this approach lies in determining which type II SCHFs can be managed successfully without a surgical intervention...
- Bracing following correction of idiopathic clubfoot using the Ponseti methodLewis E Zionts
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 18:486-93. 2010..A strong physician-family partnership and consideration of underlying cognitive, socioeconomic, and cultural issues may lead to improved adherence to postcorrective bracing protocols and better patient outcomes...