Vincent A Ziboh
Affiliation: University of California
- Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by skin epidermal enzymes: generation of antiinflammatory and antiproliferative metabolitesV A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 71:361S-6S. 2000....
- Significance of lipoxygenase-derived monohydroxy fatty acids in cutaneous biologyV A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 63:3-13. 2000..The monohydroxy fatty acids are incorporated in phospholipids which undergo catalysis to yield substituted-diacylglycerols (13-HODE-DAG) and 15-HETrE-DAG) which exert anti-inflammatory/antiproliferative effects on the skin...
- Biological significance of essential fatty acids/prostanoids/lipoxygenase-derived monohydroxy fatty acids in the skinVincent A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arch Pharm Res 25:747-58. 2002....
- Dietary gamma-linolenate attenuates tumor growth in a rodent model of prostatic adenocarcinoma via suppression of elevated generation of PGE(2) and 5S-HETEHung Pham
Department of Dermatology TB-192, School of Medicine, University of California-Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:271-82. 2006..Taken together, the findings showed that intake of GLA-enriched diet does reduce prostatic cancer development in L-W rats and could serve as a non-toxic adjunct in management of human prostatic cancer...
- 15-lipoxygenase metabolites of gamma-linolenic acid/eicosapentaenoic acid suppress growth and arachidonic acid metabolism in human prostatic adenocarcinoma cells: possible implications of dietary fatty acidsKao Vang
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, One Shields Avenue, TB-192, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 72:363-72. 2005..These findings therefore imply that dietary GLA rather than EPA should better attenuate prostate carcinogenesis via its in vivo generation of 15(S)-HETrE, thus warranting exploration...
- Suppression of cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression by 15S-hydroxyeicosatrienoic acid in androgen-dependent prostatic adenocarcinoma cellsHung Pham
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California-Davis, 95616, USA
Int J Cancer 111:192-7. 2004..These findings suggest that 15S-HETrE could function in vivo after dietary intake of GLA to suppress DHT-enhanced prostatic COX-2 expression/PGE(2) biosynthesis and, thus, alleviate tumor growth and progression...
- Suppression of leukotriene B4 generation by ex-vivo neutrophils isolated from asthma patients on dietary supplementation with gammalinolenic acid-containing borage oil: possible implication in asthmaVincent A Ziboh
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Dermatology, University of California at Davis School of Medicine, TB 192, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 11:13-21. 2004..Nonetheless, the study demonstrated dietary fatty acid modulation of endogenous inflammatory mediators without side effects and thus warrant further explorations into the roles of GLA at higher doses, leukotrienes and asthma...