Tuo Fu Zhu
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Successful isolation of infectious and high titer human monocyte-derived HIV-1 from two subjects with discontinued therapyTong Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65071. 2013..However, whether these DNA can produce virions has been an open question for years, due to the inability of isolating high titer and infectious HIV-1 directly from monocytes...
- HIV-1 genotypes in peripheral blood monocytesT Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Leukoc Biol 68:338-44. 2000..Our data provide evidence for HIV-1 evolution in monocytes and their role as a reservoir of HIV-1 in vivo. A better understanding of HIV-1 in monocytes may greatly help the development of new therapeutic strategies for HIV-1 infection...
- Evidence for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication in vivo in CD14(+) monocytes and its potential role as a source of virus in patients on highly active antiretroviral therapyTuofu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Virol 76:707-16. 2002..In the other four patients, HIV-1 sequences in plasma and the three cell populations were identical. CD14(+) monocytes appear to be one of the potential in vivo sources of HIV-1 in patients receiving HAART...
- HIV-1 in peripheral blood monocytes: an underrated viral sourceTuofu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 358070, 960 Republican Street, Seattle, WA 98109 8070, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:309-11. 2002
- Persistence of extraordinarily low levels of genetically homogeneous human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in exposed seronegative individualsTuofu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
J Virol 77:6108-16. 2003..Understanding the mechanisms that confer diminished replicative capacity of HIV-1 in these hosts is paramount to developing strategies for protection against and control of HIV-1 infection...
- Persistence of low levels of simian immunodeficiency virus in macaques that were transiently viremic by conventional testingTuofu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Virology 323:208-19. 2004..LLSI macaques have remained free from SIV-associated illness, and are still alive 10 years after virus inoculation. Understanding the mechanisms underlying this outcome may provide valuable insight into therapy and vaccine development...
- Global human genetics of HIV-1 infection and ChinaTuo Fu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 8070, USA
Cell Res 15:833-42. 2005..This review highlights the recent discoveries on global and Chinese genetic polymorphisms and their association with HIV-1 transmission and disease progression...
- High risk populations and HIV-1 infection in ChinaTuo Fu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Departments of Microbiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cell Res 15:852-7. 2005..Sexual transmission, therefore, may serve as a bridge connecting high-risk populations with general populations. There is an urgent need to prevent the spread of HIV from these high-risk populations into the general population of China...
- Effect of DC-SIGNR Polymorphisms on HIV-1 InfectionTuofu Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should assist in the identification of new therapeutic targets and strategies to protect against HIV-1 transmission and control disease progression. ..
- Role of CD14+ Monocytes in HIV-1 InfectionTuofu Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from this proposal will provide better understanding of productive infection of HIV-1 in CD 14+ monocytes in vivo, and may also provide great insights to developing new therapeutic strategies to enhance therapy efficacy. ..
- Minimal Levels of HIV-1 in Vaccinated & Exposed PersonsTuofu Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should assist definition of virologic and immunologic characteristics required to attenuate and/or substantially control HIV-1 infection, a critical goal of AIDS vaccine development. ..
- New Model for NeuroAIDS Utilizing Monocyte-Derived HIV-1Tuofu Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..