Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Spinal nociceptin mediates electroacupuncture-related modulation of visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex responses in ratsWei Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H859-65. 2009..These results suggest that nociceptin in the spinal cord mediates part of the EA-related modulation of visceral reflex responses...
- Cardioprotection of electroacupuncture against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by modulation of cardiac norepinephrine releaseWei Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1818-25. 2012..These results suggest that the cardioprotective effects of EA against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion are mediated through inhibition of the cardiac sympathetic nervous system as well as opioid and PKC-dependent pathways...
- Role of glutamate in the rostral ventrolateral medulla in acupuncture-related modulation of visceral reflex sympathoexcitationWei Zhou
Department of Medicine and Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1868-75. 2007..These data suggest that EA attenuates BK-induced visceral sympathoexcitatory reflexes through opioid-mediated inhibition of Glu's action in the rVLM...
- Sympathetic innervation of the anterior left ventricular wall by the right and left stellate gangliaMarmar Vaseghi
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, UCLA Health System, Los Angeles, California, USA
Heart Rhythm 9:1303-9. 2012..However, the contribution of the right stellate ganglion (RSG) and the left stellate ganglion (LSG) to the innervation of the anterior left ventricular (LV) wall is not well understood...
- Role of unmyelinated fibers in electroacupuncture cardiovascular responsesStephanie C Tjen-A-Looi
Medical Science 1, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Auton Neurosci 118:43-50. 2005..This study demonstrates that the inhibitory effect of EA at P5-P6 on cardiovascular autonomic excitatory reflexes involves unmyelinated group IV fibers of the median nerves...
- Role of glutamate in a visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex in rostral ventrolateral medulla of catsWei Zhou
Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1309-18. 2006..These results suggest that glutamate in the rVLM serves as an excitatory neurotransmitter through a baroreflex-independent mechanism and that both NMDA and AMPA receptors mediate the visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex responses...
- Dividing glial cells maintain differentiated properties including complex morphology and functional synapsesWoo Ping Ge
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:328-33. 2009..These findings provide a clear counterexample of the widely perceived incompatibility between cell division and differentiation...
- TARP subtypes differentially and dose-dependently control synaptic AMPA receptor gatingAaron D Milstein
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 55:905-18. 2007....
- A new electrocardiographic marker for sympathetic nerve stimulation: modulation of repolarization by stimulation of stellate gangliaRafael J Ramirez
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7403, USA
J Electrocardiol 44:694-9. 2011..Displaced repolarization vector and changes in T-wave morphometrics provide a novel marker of unilateral sympathetic nerve stimulation...
- Afferent mechanisms underlying stimulation modality-related modulation of acupuncture-related cardiovascular responsesWei Zhou
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Appl Physiol 98:872-80. 2005..The similarity of the responses to EA and MA and the lack of cardiovascular response to high-frequency EA appear to be largely a function of somatic afferent responses...
- New transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory protein isoform, gamma-7, differentially regulates AMPA receptorsAkihiko S Kato
Neuroscience Discovery, Lilly Research Laboratories, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 27:4969-77. 2007..These studies define gamma-7 as a new member of the TARP family that can differentially influence AMPA receptors in cerebellar neurons...
- Neuroendocrine mechanisms of acupuncture in the treatment of hypertensionWei Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:878673. 2012....
- The microtubule plus-end tracking protein EB1 is required for Kv1 voltage-gated K+ channel axonal targetingChen Gu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Neuron 52:803-16. 2006..In addition, we found that Kvbeta2 associates with KIF3/kinesin II as well. Indeed, Kv1 channels rely on both KIF3/kinesin II and EB1 for their axonal targeting...