Wei Yi Syuu Zhou
Affiliation: University of California
- Afferent mechanisms underlying stimulation modality-related modulation of acupuncture-related cardiovascular responsesWei Zhou
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Appl Physiol 98:872-80. 2005..The similarity of the responses to EA and MA and the lack of cardiovascular response to high-frequency EA appear to be largely a function of somatic afferent responses...
- Brain stem mechanisms underlying acupuncture modality-related modulation of cardiovascular responses in ratsWei Yi Syuu Zhou
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Univ of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
J Appl Physiol 99:851-60. 2005....
- Role of glutamate in the rostral ventrolateral medulla in acupuncture-related modulation of visceral reflex sympathoexcitationWei Zhou
Department of Medicine and Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1868-75. 2007..These data suggest that EA attenuates BK-induced visceral sympathoexcitatory reflexes through opioid-mediated inhibition of Glu's action in the rVLM...
- Modulation of cardiovascular excitatory responses in rats by transcutaneous magnetic stimulation: role of the spinal cordWei Zhou Yi Syuu
Department of Medicine, Medical Science 1 C240, College of Medicine, Univ of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
J Appl Physiol 100:926-32. 2006....
- Role of glutamate in a visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex in rostral ventrolateral medulla of catsWei Zhou
Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1309-18. 2006..These results suggest that glutamate in the rVLM serves as an excitatory neurotransmitter through a baroreflex-independent mechanism and that both NMDA and AMPA receptors mediate the visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex responses...
- Spinal nociceptin mediates electroacupuncture-related modulation of visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex responses in ratsWei Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H859-65. 2009..These results suggest that nociceptin in the spinal cord mediates part of the EA-related modulation of visceral reflex responses...
- Role of unmyelinated fibers in electroacupuncture cardiovascular responsesStephanie C Tjen-A-Looi
Medical Science 1, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Auton Neurosci 118:43-50. 2005..This study demonstrates that the inhibitory effect of EA at P5-P6 on cardiovascular autonomic excitatory reflexes involves unmyelinated group IV fibers of the median nerves...
- TARP subtypes differentially and dose-dependently control synaptic AMPA receptor gatingAaron D Milstein
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 55:905-18. 2007....
- New transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory protein isoform, gamma-7, differentially regulates AMPA receptorsAkihiko S Kato
Neuroscience Discovery, Lilly Research Laboratories, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 27:4969-77. 2007..These studies define gamma-7 as a new member of the TARP family that can differentially influence AMPA receptors in cerebellar neurons...
- Dividing glial cells maintain differentiated properties including complex morphology and functional synapsesWoo Ping Ge
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:328-33. 2009..These findings provide a clear counterexample of the widely perceived incompatibility between cell division and differentiation...
- The microtubule plus-end tracking protein EB1 is required for Kv1 voltage-gated K+ channel axonal targetingChen Gu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Neuron 52:803-16. 2006..In addition, we found that Kvbeta2 associates with KIF3/kinesin II as well. Indeed, Kv1 channels rely on both KIF3/kinesin II and EB1 for their axonal targeting...