Affiliation: University of North Florida
- Serving billions: a pilot study on clinician-perceived efficacy of rehabilitative services in ChinaMei Zhao
Public Health Department, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Health Care Manag (Frederick) 27:252-8. 2008..Clinicians indicated that acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, massage, speech, occupational, and physical therapies were "effective" or "highly effective" in treating morbidities requiring rehabilitation services...
- Hospital staffing decisions: does financial performance matter?Mei Zhao
College of Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32224 7699, USA
Inquiry 45:293-307. 2008..Our results suggest that declining financial performance led to cutbacks in LPN FTEs per adjusted patient day, but the effects on total hospital FTEs and RN FTEs were mixed...
- Utilization, cost, payment, and patient satisfaction of rehabilitative services in Shandong, ChinaMei Zhao
Public Health Department, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Health Policy 93:21-6. 2009..However, little research has been conducted that examines patient response to this convergence. This study researches the utilization, cost, payment and patient satisfaction with rehabilitative services received in China...
- Malpractice paid losses and financial performance of nursing homesMei Zhao
Health Administration Programs, College of Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 36:78-85. 2011..Although anecdotal reports indicate a higher cost because of malpractice in nursing facilities, few studies have examined the extent of malpractice paid losses and their effect on the financial performance of nursing homes...
- Nursing home quality, staffing, and malpractice paid-lossesMei Zhao
Public Health Department, Brooks College of Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
J Health Care Finance 38:1-10. 2011..However, nursing homes need to balance the overall cost and quality of their facilities related to staffing and malpractice litigations...
- Five myths of the Chinese health care systemD Rob Haley
Public Health Department, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Health Care Manag (Frederick) 27:147-58. 2008..Exploration of these myths provides us with a better understanding and an improved ability to engage with this emerging economic global leader...
- Nursing home safety: does financial performance matter?Reid M Oetjen
Health Services Administration Undergraduate Program, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, USA
J Health Care Finance 37:51-61. 2011..This study examines the relationship between financial performance and selected safety measures of nursing homes in the State of Florida...
- Organizational factors associated with quality of care in US teaching hospitalsJeffrey P Harrison
Department of Public Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
J Health Care Finance 36:1-12. 2010..This shows that increased investments in facilities and advanced technology at teaching hospitals can lead to enhanced quality...