Affiliation: University of Nebraska
- Maximization of production of secreted recombinant proteins in Pichia pastoris fed-batch fermentationWenhui Zhang
Biological Process Development Facility, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0643, USA
Biotechnol Prog 21:386-93. 2005..The approaches proposed here greatly simplify the computational processes and validate the optimization strategy as a generalized approach to maximize the yield from fed-batch fermentations...
- Design of methanol Feed control in Pichia pastoris fermentations based upon a growth modelWenhui Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0919, USA
Biotechnol Prog 18:1392-9. 2002..The method developed in this paper is robust and can serve as a framework for the design of other PID feedback control systems in biological processes...
- Pichia pastoris fermentation with mixed-feeds of glycerol and methanol: growth kinetics and production improvementWenhui Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 207M Othmer Hall, Lincoln, NE 68583 0919, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 30:210-5. 2003..The results show that the optimal desired micro (gly)/ micro (MeOH) is around 2 for obtaining the highest BoNT/C(Hc) protein content in cells: about 3 mg/g wet cells...
- Optimization of cell density and dilution rate in Pichia pastoris continuous fermentations for production of recombinant proteinsWenhui Zhang
Biological Process Development Facility, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 207 Othmer Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0643, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 31:330-4. 2004..The approach developed in this study is expected to be applicable to the optimization of continuous fermentations by other microorganisms...
- Glycerophosphate as a phosphorus source in a defined medium for Pichia pastoris fermentationWenhui Zhang
Biological Process Development Facility, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, NE, 68588, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:139-44. 2006..The results from this work demonstrate that sodium glycerophosphate can be assimilated by the P. pastoris strains and can be employed as a reliable phosphorus source for both cell growth and recombinant protein production...
- Scale-up of the fermentation and purification of the recombinant heavy chain fragment C of botulinum neurotoxin serotype F, expressed in Pichia pastorisScott K Johnson
Biological Process and Development Facility, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68583-0919, USA
Protein Expr Purif 32:1-9. 2003..The ratios of the two clipped forms were consistent from the bench to pilot scales. Purified BoNTF(Hc) at the pilot scale was found to sufficiently protect mice against a high dose of BoNTF neurotoxin...
- Improved production of recombinant ovine interferon-tau by mut(+) strain of Pichia pastoris using an optimized methanol feed profileJayanta Sinha
Biological Process Development Facility, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583, USA
Biotechnol Prog 19:794-802. 2003....
- Saturation of the secretory pathway by overexpression of a hookworm (Necator americanus) Protein (Na-ASP1)Mehmet Inan
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE USA
Methods Mol Biol 389:65-76. 2007..However, increasing gene copy number of Na-ASP1 protein in P. pastoris saturated secretory capacity and therefore, decreased the amount of secreted protein in clones harboring multiple copies of Na-ASP1 gene...
- Rational design and optimization of fed-batch and continuous fermentationsWenhui Zhang
Xoma Ltd, Berkey, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 389:43-64. 2007..This protocol can be used as a practical manual for process development of a P. pastoris recombinant fermentation, and also as a reference for fermentation of other microorganisms...