Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Dual-level regulation of ACC synthase activity by MPK3/MPK6 cascade and its downstream WRKY transcription factor during ethylene induction in ArabidopsisGuojing Li
College of Life Sciences, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China
PLoS Genet 8:e1002767. 2012..Regulation of ACS activity by MPK3/MPK6 at both transcriptional and protein stability levels plays a key role in determining the kinetics and magnitude of ethylene induction...
- MAPK cascades in plant disease resistance signalingXiangzong Meng
Division of Biochemistry, Interdisciplinary Plant Group, Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Annu Rev Phytopathol 51:245-66. 2013..Pathogens, however, employ effectors to suppress plant MAPK activation and downstream defense responses to promote pathogenesis. ..
- Activation of salicylic acid-induced protein kinase, a mitogen-activated protein kinase, induces multiple defense responses in tobaccoS Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Plant Cell 13:1877-89. 2001..This gain-of-function study provided more direct evidence for its role in the signaling of multiple defense responses in tobacco...
- MAPK cascades in plant defense signalingS Zhang
Dept Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Trends Plant Sci 6:520-7. 2001..By contrast, loss-of-function studies of other MAPK pathways revealed negative regulation of disease resistance. This 'push-and-pull' regulation by different MAPK pathways might provide a more precise control of plant defense responses...
- Activation of a mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway is involved in disease resistance in tobaccoK Y Yang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:741-6. 2001..These results demonstrate that a plant MAPK cascade controls multiple defense responses against pathogen invasion...