- A Comparison of a Multi-body Model and 3D Kinematics and EMG ofDouble-leg Circle on Pommel Horse
Jing Guang Qian
Department of Human Sports Science, Nanjing Institute of Physical Education, China
J Hum Kinet 31:45-53. 2012
..A potential application of this model is to help identify shortcomings of athletes and help establish appropriate training plans errors in the DLC technique during training...
- Contributions of lower extremity joints to energy dissipation during landings
S N Zhang
Exercise Science Unit, Biomechanics Sports Medicine Laboratory, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 32:812-9. 2000
..The purpose of the study was to investigate changes in lower extremity joint energy absorption for different landing heights and landing techniques...
- Evaluation of efficacy and 3D kinematic characteristics of cervical orthoses
Biomechanics Sports Medicine Laboratory, Department of Exercise, Sport and Leisure Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 20:264-9. 2005
..The objective of this study was to compare effectiveness of two new and two established cervical orthoses in restricting 3D range of motion in the cervical spine...
- Ground reaction force and 3D biomechanical characteristics of walking in short-leg walkers
Biomechanics Sports Medicine Lab, The University of Tennessee, 1914 Andy Holt Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996 2700, USA
Gait Posture 24:487-92. 2006
..Both walkers appeared to increase the demand on the knee extensors while they decreased the demand of the knee and hip abductors based on the joint kinetic results...
- Shock and impact reduction in moderate and strenuous landing activities
Biomechanics Sports Medicine Laboratory, Department of Exercise, Sport and Leisure Studies, The University of Tennessee, 1914 Andy Holt Ave, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Sports Biomech 7:296-309. 2008
..Unlike the responses observed for walking and running, the shock reduction did not show significant improvement with elevated mechanical demands...
- Efficacy of an ankle brace with a subtalar locking system in inversion control in dynamic movements
Department of Excercise, Sport and Leisure Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 39:875-83. 2009
..Controlled laboratory study...
- Effects of various midsole densities of basketball shoes on impact attenuation during landing activities
Biomechanics Sports Medicine Lab, Dept of Exercise, Sport and Leisure Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996, USA
J Appl Biomech 21:3-17. 2005
..Knee joint extensors were shown to be dominant in attenuating the forefoot impact force across the landing heights. The results showed limited evidence of impact-attenuating benefits of the soft midsole in the basketball shoes...
- Effects of modified short-leg walkers on ground reaction force characteristics
Biomechanics Sports Medicine Laboratory, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:1172-7. 2008
..The purpose was to examine how heel height modifications in different short-leg walkers and shoe side may affect ground reaction forces in walking...