Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Role of polyethylene glycol integrity in specific receptor targeting of carbon nanotubes to cancer cellsReema Zeineldin
College of Pharmacy, Mechanical Engineering, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Nano Lett 9:751-7. 2009..Since fragmentation is a likely consequence of ultrasonication, a technique commonly used to disperse SWNTs, this maybe a concern for certain applications such as drug delivery...
- PEA3 is necessary for optimal epidermal growth factor receptor-stimulated matrix metalloproteinase expression and invasion of ovarian tumor cellsKaren D Cowden Dahl
Health Sciences Center, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, MSC 09 5360, 87131 0001 Albuquerque, NM, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:413-21. 2007..These results suggest that PEA3 is regulated by EGFR and that the elevated PEA3 expression detected in human ovarian cancer may divert cells to a more invasive phenotype by regulating MMP-9 and MMP-14...
- Mesenchymal transformation in epithelial ovarian tumor cells expressing epidermal growth factor receptor variant IIIReema Zeineldin
Program in Toxicology and Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:851-60. 2006..These findings suggest that EGFRvIII expression may regulate phenotypic plasticity in ovarian cancer and thereby contribute to more aggressive disease...
- The constitutive activity of epidermal growth factor receptor vIII leads to activation and differential trafficking of wild-type epidermal growth factor receptor and erbB2Reema Zeineldin
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 58:529-41. 2010....
- Phenotypic plasticity of neoplastic ovarian epithelium: unique cadherin profiles in tumor progressionLaurie G Hudson
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:643-55. 2008....
- Down-regulation of integrin alpha2 surface expression by mutant epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFRvIII) induces aberrant cell spreading and focal adhesion formationYan Ning
Health Sciences Center, College of Pharmacy and Chemical and Nuclear Engineering Department, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Cancer Res 65:9280-6. 2005..We conclude that EGFR-activating mutations, such as EGFRvIII, in ovarian cancer may contribute to a more aggressive disease...
- Epithelial cell migration in response to epidermal growth factorReema Zeineldin
Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA
Methods Mol Biol 327:147-58. 2006..There are numerous approaches for evaluating cell migratory response following EGF stimulation. Both qualitative and quantitative techniques will be presented in this chapter...
- Targeting the EGF receptor for ovarian cancer therapyReema Zeineldin
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Oncol 2010:414676. 2010..This paper will discuss contributions of EGF receptor activation to ovarian cancer pathogenesis and the status of EGF receptor inhibitors and EGF receptor targeted therapies in ovarian cancer treatment...