KENNETH S contact ZARET
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Pioneer transcription factors: establishing competence for gene expressionKenneth S Zaret
Epigenetics Program, Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Genes Dev 25:2227-41. 2011..Passive and active roles for the pioneer factor FoxA occur in embryonic development, steroid hormone induction, and human cancers. Herein we review the field and describe how pioneer factors may enable cellular reprogramming...
- Nuclear mobility and mitotic chromosome binding: similarities between pioneer transcription factor FoxA and linker histone H1K S Zaret
Epigenetics Program and Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 75:219-26. 2010..The results indicate that the "pioneer" features of FoxA factors involve various chromatin-binding parameters seen in linker histones and that distinguish the factors with respect to their regulatory and mechanistic functions...
- Higher-Order Protein-DNA Complexes in Gene RegulationKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TRANS-ACTING FACTORS CAUSING CELL SPECIFIC GENE CONTROLKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding how multipotent cells are specified to different tissue types is fundamental to organogenesis, tissue regeneration, and stem cell biology, and therefore human health and disease. ..
- HIGHER ORDER PROTEIN-DNA COMPLEXES IN GENE REGULATIONKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) To selectively perturb the nucleosome reorganizing properties of HNF3 and assess the functional consequences in endogenous cell chromatin. ..
- TRANS-ACTING FACTORS CAUSING CELL SPECIFIC GENE CONTROLKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2001..The principles revealed by this proposal should be fundamental to the control of many other cell types and for understanding the proper growth and development of humans. ..
- Novel Epigenetic Marks in MitosisKENNETH S contact ZARET; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate whether FoxA or PARP occupancy, or polyADP ribosylation may induce special structural configurations at epigenetic marks in mitotic chromatin. ..