KENNETH S contact ZARET
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- From Endoderm to Liver Bud: Paradigms of Cell Type Specification and Tissue MorphogenesisKenneth S Zaret
Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Epigenetics Program, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Electronic address
Curr Top Dev Biol 117:647-69. 2016....
- Genome reactivation after the silence in mitosis: recapitulating mechanisms of development?Kenneth S Zaret
Epigenetics Program, Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Smilow Center for Translational Research, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Dev Cell 29:132-4. 2014..Thus, features of postmitotic gene reactivation can provide insights into mechanisms of developmental cell fate establishment. ..
- Partial promoter substitutions generating transcriptional sentinels of diverse signaling pathways in embryonic stem cells and micePalle Serup
Hagedorn Research Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Niels Steensens Vej 6, DK 2820, Denmark
Dis Model Mech 5:956-66. 2012....
- Pioneer transcription factors: establishing competence for gene expressionKenneth S Zaret
Epigenetics Program, Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Genes Dev 25:2227-41. 2011..Passive and active roles for the pioneer factor FoxA occur in embryonic development, steroid hormone induction, and human cancers. Herein we review the field and describe how pioneer factors may enable cellular reprogramming...
- Nuclear mobility and mitotic chromosome binding: similarities between pioneer transcription factor FoxA and linker histone H1K S Zaret
Epigenetics Program and Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 75:219-26. 2010..The results indicate that the "pioneer" features of FoxA factors involve various chromatin-binding parameters seen in linker histones and that distinguish the factors with respect to their regulatory and mechanistic functions...
- TRANS-ACTING FACTORS CAUSING CELL SPECIFIC GENE CONTROLKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding how multipotent cells are specified to different tissue types is fundamental to organogenesis, tissue regeneration, and stem cell biology, and therefore human health and disease. ..
- Higher-Order Protein-DNA Complexes in Gene RegulationKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Epigenetic Marks in MitosisKENNETH S contact ZARET; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate whether FoxA or PARP occupancy, or polyADP ribosylation may induce special structural configurations at epigenetic marks in mitotic chromatin. ..