C A Zarate
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Antipsychotic drug treatment in first-episode mania: a 6-month longitudinal studyC A Zarate
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Research Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:33-8. 2000..To determine the use of antipsychotics during and following inpatient treatment of patients with a first-episode of mania...
- Antipsychotic drug side effect issues in bipolar manic patientsC A Zarate
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:52-61; discussion 62-3. 2000..Atypical antipsychotics may prove useful for bipolar patients who require antipsychotic treatment because of their favorable side effect profile, thymoleptic properties, and positive effect on overall functioning...
- Clinical predictors of acute response with quetiapine in psychotic mood disordersC A Zarate
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Program, and the Pharmacologic Research and Treatment Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 010655, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:185-9. 2000..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of quetiapine in the treatment of psychotic mood disorders in comparison with nonaffective psychotic disorders and identify clinical factors associated with quetiapine response...
- Functional impairment and cognition in bipolar disorderC A Zarate
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
Psychiatr Q 71:309-29. 2000..The literature on functional impairment and cognition in bipolar disorder is reviewed...
- First-episode schizophreniform disorder: comparisons with first-episode schizophreniaC A Zarate
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Schizophr Res 46:31-4. 2000..Schizophreniform disorder remains poorly understood and has been reported probably to be a heterogeneous group of psychotic disorders...
- Atypical antipsychotic drugs in nonschizophrenic psychiatric disordersC A Zarate
The Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 361 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01065, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 2:291-7. 2000..This current review looks at the published literature discussing the use of atypical antipsychotics in nonschizophrenic conditions...