Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Alcohol effects on cognitive change in middle-aged and older adultsFaika Zanjani
Department of Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Aging Ment Health 17:12-23. 2013..This study examines cognitive outcomes for alcohol drinking status over time, across cognitive ability and age groups...
- Mental health and aging initiative: intervention component effectsFaika Zanjani
Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Rural Remote Health 12:2154. 2012....
- Evaluation of the Mental Healthiness Aging Initiative: community program to promote awareness about mental health and aging issuesFaika Zanjani
Graduate Center for Gerontology, University of Kentucky, 900 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:193-201. 2012....
- Longitudinal course of substance treatment benefits in older male veteran at-risk drinkersFaika Zanjani
Graduate Center for Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 41094, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:98-106. 2008....
- Effectiveness of telephone-based referral care management, a brief intervention to improve psychiatric treatment engagementFaika Zanjani
Department of Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:776-81. 2008..This study examined the effectiveness of a telephone-based referral care management (TBR-CM) intervention for improving engagement in psychiatric treatment...
- Telephone-based psychiatric referral-care management intervention health outcomesFaika Zanjani
Graduate Center for Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Telemed J E Health 16:543-50. 2010..This study examined the effectiveness of a telephone-based referral-care management (TBR-CM) intervention on psychiatric health outcomes...
- Massage therapy usage and reported health in older adults experiencing persistent painNiki Munk
Graduate Center for Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Altern Complement Med 17:609-16. 2011....
- Relationship between massage therapy usage and health outcomes in older adultsNiki Munk
Gerontology Department, University of Kentucky, 900 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Bodyw Mov Ther 15:177-85. 2011..Because previous massage therapy research has not included or focused on older adults, studies examining massage therapy and emotional health, specifically among this population, are warranted...
- Health behavior risk factors across age as predictors of cardiovascular disease diagnosisMichelle Cardi
University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Aging Health 21:759-75. 2009..Age cohort is also examined to determine the role of age in predicting CVD and risky health behaviors...
- Alcohol and prescription drug safety in older adultsFaika Zanjani
Department of Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women s Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Drug Healthc Patient Saf 5:13-27. 2013....
- Prevention of HIV among older adults: a literature review and recommendations for future researchTracy Davis
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
J Aging Health 24:1399-420. 2012..This study reviews the existing literature on the prevention of HIV among older adults, including universal and indicated prevention programs and prevention strategies...
- Predictors of adherence within an intervention research study of the at-risk older drinker: PRISM-EFaika Zanjani
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, Section Geriatric Psychiatry, PA, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 19:231-8. 2006..Future researchers can use the current findings to create mechanisms to improve research participation and treatment initiation and target participants with classifications of poor adherence...
- Age difference in rates of mental health/substance abuse and behavioral care in HIV-positive adultsFaika Zanjani
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:347-55. 2007..The findings of this investigation generally concluded that HIV-positive adults, especially older-aged adults, are in need of improved behavioral health management for mental health/substance abuse...