Stanislav O Zakharkin
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Sources of variation in Affymetrix microarray experimentsStanislav O Zakharkin
University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:214. 2005..The objectives of this study were: (1) to estimate relative magnitudes of different sources of variation and (2) to evaluate agreement between biological and technical replicates...
- Optimal allocation of replicates for measurement evaluation studiesStanislav O Zakharkin
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics 4:196-202. 2006..Therefore, it is recommended to use two technical replicates for each biological replicate if the goal is to evaluate the reproducibility of measurements...
- HDBStat!: a platform-independent software suite for statistical analysis of high dimensional biology dataPrinal Trivedi
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:86. 2005..HDBStat! provides statisticians and biologists a flexible and easy-to-use interface to analyze complex microarray data using a variety of methods for data preprocessing, quality control analysis and hypothesis testing...
- Epistemological issues in omics and high-dimensional biology: give the people what they wantTapan S Mehta
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Physiol Genomics 28:24-32. 2006..The shift from family-wise error rate control to false discovery rate estimation and to assessment of ranking and other forms of stability will be portrayed as illustrative of approaches to this challenge...
- Catechol-O-methyl-transferase functional polymorphism and nicotine dependence: an evaluation of nonreplicated resultsDavid T Redden
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0022, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1384-9. 2005....
- Applications of Bayesian statistical methods in microarray data analysisDongyan Yang
Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Pharmacogenomics 4:53-62. 2004..Bayesian methods will undoubtedly become more common in the future because of their great utility in microarray analysis...
- Identification of two mariner-like elements in the genome of the mosquito Ochlerotatus atropalpusStanislav O Zakharkin
Section on Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:377-86. 2004..Phylogenetic analysis demonstrated that Atmar-1 elements belong to the irritans subfamily and Atmar-2 elements to the cecropia subfamily of mariner elements...
- Microarray analysisGrier P Page
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Hoover, AL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 404:409-30. 2007..These steps include a clearly stated biological question, experimental design, careful experimental conduct, complete statistical analysis, validation/verification of results, and dissemination of the data...