Affiliation: University of Florida
- Duplication of accelerated evolution and growth hormone gene in passerine birdsTamaki Yuri
Department of Vertebrate Zoology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 4210 Silver Hill Road, Suitland, MD, USA
Mol Biol Evol 25:352-61. 2008....
- The effect of marker choice on estimated levels of introgression across an avian (Pipridae: Manacus) hybrid zoneTamaki Yuri
Department of Vertebrate Zoology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 4210 Silver Hill Road, Suitland, MD 20746, USA
Mol Ecol 18:4888-903. 2009..Our results suggest that neutral and positively selected alleles may introgress freely across many hybrid zones without altering perceived boundaries between hybridizing forms...
- Molecular phylogenetic analysis of Fringillidae, "New World nine-primaried oscines" (Aves: Passeriformes)Tamaki Yuri
Museum of Zoology and Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 23:229-43. 2002..Consequently, the thraupine clade includes only Neotropical species. Increasing evidence suggests that Fringillidae, often called "New World nine-primaried oscines," does not in fact have a New World origin...
- A phylogenomic study of birds reveals their evolutionary historyShannon J Hackett
Zoology Department, Field Museum of Natural History, 1400 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Science 320:1763-8. 2008..Our results provide a valuable resource for phylogenetic and comparative studies in birds...
- Phylogenomic evidence for multiple losses of flight in ratite birdsJohn Harshman
Zoology Department, Field Museum of Natural History, 1400 South Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13462-7. 2008..Finally, this phylogeny demands fundamental reconsideration of proposals that relate ratite evolution to continental drift...