Alice L Yu
Affiliation: University of California
- Anti-GD2 antibody with GM-CSF, interleukin-2, and isotretinoin for neuroblastomaAlice L Yu
University of California, San Diego, and Moores Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1324-34. 2010..We conducted a study to determine whether adding ch14.18, GM-CSF, and interleukin-2 to standard isotretinoin therapy after intensive multimodal therapy would improve outcomes in high-risk neuroblastoma...
- The histone deacetylase inhibitor AN-9 has selective toxicity to acute leukemia and drug-resistant primary leukemia and cancer cell linesAyse Batova
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical Center, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
Blood 100:3319-24. 2002..Collectively, our results suggest that AN-9 is a selective agent for hematopoietic malignancies that can circumvent the mechanisms of chemoresistance limiting most conventional chemotherapy...
- Inhibition of Bcl-xL expression sensitizes T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells to chemotherapeutic drugsH Elizabeth Broome
University of California, San Diego Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive, Mail Code 8320, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Leuk Res 26:311-6. 2002..These findings indicate that bcl-x antisense has cytotoxic activity and increases chemotherapy-induced cell death in CEM cells, a model for T-ALL...
- The synthetic caged garcinia xanthone cluvenone induces cell stress and apoptosis and has immune modulatory activityAyse Batova
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2869-78. 2010..The current work highlights the potential of cluvenone as a chemotherapeutic agent and provides support for further investigation of these intriguing molecules with regard to mechanism and targets...
- Anti-GD(2) with an FC point mutation reduces complement fixation and decreases antibody-induced allodyniaLinda S Sorkin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Pain 149:135-42. 2010....
- Synthesis and evaluation of caged Garcinia xanthonesAyse Batova
Department of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
Org Biomol Chem 5:494-500. 2007....
- 3-amino thioacridone inhibits DNA synthesis and induce DNA damage in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) in a p16-dependent mannerMitchell B Diccianni
Dept of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Diego, Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
J Exp Ther Oncol 4:223-37. 2004..We conclude that 3-ATA efficacy can be predicted by p16 status in T-ALL, but the mechanism of action may be distinct from their in vitro ability to regulate CDK4 kinase activity..
- Promising therapeutic targets in neuroblastomaKatherine K Matthay
Department of Pediatrics, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, and UCSF Benioff Children s Hospital, UCSF Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0106, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:2740-53. 2012..Further clinical development of targeted treatments offers new hope for children with neuroblastoma...
- Expression profiles and clinical relationships of ID2, CDKN1B, and CDKN2A in primary neuroblastomaSigrun Gebauer
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, UCSD Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 41:297-308. 2004..Finally, the loss of CDKN1B in advanced-stage neuroblastoma suggests this protein may play a role in the neuroblastoma disease process...
- EFA (9-beta-D-erythrofuranosyladenine) is an effective salvage agent for methylthioadenosine phosphorylase-selective therapy of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with L-alanosineAyse Batova
Department of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
Blood 107:898-903. 2006..Collectively, these data indicate that EFA is an effective agent for salvaging MTAP+ cells from L-alanosine toxicity and is superior to MTA due to lower cytotoxicity...