Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Regulation of insulin receptor functionJ F Youngren
Mount Zion Medical Center, Diabetes and Endocrine Research, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1616, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:873-91. 2007..The impact of these processes on the conformational changes and phosphorylation events required for full signaling activity, as well as the role of these mechanisms in human disease, is reviewed in this article...
- Small molecule insulin receptor activators potentiate insulin action in insulin-resistant cellsM Li
University of California at San Francisco, Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94143-1616, USA
Diabetes 50:2323-8. 2001..In summary, these two classes of IR activators selectively increased IR function in a variety of insulin-resistant cell lines...
- Muscle insulin receptor concentrations in obese patients post bariatric surgery: relationship to hyperinsulinemiaC Pender
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Endocrine Research, Mount Zion Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:363-9. 2004..CONCLUSION: Increased IR content, most likely regulated by insulin levels, may be one contributor to the increased insulin sensitivity that occurs when morbidly obese patients undergo bariatric surgery...
- DAUs as IGF-1 Receptor Inhibitors in Breast CancerJACK YOUNGREN; Fiscal Year: 2007..other kinases, and characterize the biological effects of altering the specificity of DAUs for the IGF-1 R. Together these studies will result in the production of well-characterized DAU-based compounds for anti-cancer drug development. ..
- DAUs as IGF-1 Receptor Inhibitors in Breast CancerJack F Youngren; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together these studies will result in the production of well-characterized DAU-based compounds for anti-cancer drug development. ..