Terry B Young
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Epidemiology of obstructive sleep apnea: a population health perspectiveTerry Young
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:1217-39. 2002..Primary care providers will be central to clinical approaches for addressing the burden and the development of cost-effective case-finding strategies and feasible treatment for mild obstructive sleep apnea warrants high priority...
- The gender bias in sleep apnea diagnosis. Are women missed because they have different symptoms?T Young
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Arch Intern Med 156:2445-51. 1996..In this investigation, data from the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort Study, a community-based study of the natural history of sleep apnea, were used to determine whether women with sleep apnea have unique symptoms or complaints...
- Objective and subjective sleep quality in premenopausal, perimenopausal, and postmenopausal women in the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort StudyTerry Young
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Sleep 26:667-72. 2003..Assess objectively measured sleep quality in premenopausal, perimenopausal, and postmenopausal women...
- Epidemiology of daytime sleepiness: definitions, symptomatology, and prevalenceTerry B Young
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:12-6. 2004..Sleep scales that contain sensitive and specific questions are needed to measure fatigue and perceptions of sleepiness...
- The effects of sleep-disordered breathing on arterial stiffness are modulated by ageClaudia E Korcarz
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Sleep 33:1081-5. 2010..To identify associations between sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and arterial stiffness...
- Sleep disordered breathing and metabolic syndromeF Javier Nieto
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 707C WARF Office Building, 610 Walnut St, Madison, WI 53726, USA
WMJ 108:263-5. 2009..This article examines the association between SDB and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome (MS) in a community-based sample...
- The relationship between chronically disrupted sleep and healthcare useVishesh K Kapur
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
Sleep 25:289-96. 2002..To determine whether chronic sleep deprivation, sleep disruption, sleepiness, insomnia, and OSA are associated with increased healthcare use in a community-based population...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and cardiovascular disease: an outcome-based definition of hypopneasNaresh M Punjabi
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1150-5. 2008..Although hypopneas constitute a majority of disordered breathing events, significant controversy remains about the best criteria used to define these events...
- The parable of parabola: what the U-shaped curve can and cannot tell us about sleepDonald L Bliwise
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Sleep 30:1614-5. 2007..Particularly interesting in Ferrie et al was that increases in sleep duration over time (from less than 5 to 7 hours or more) in some individuals was associated..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SLEEP-DISORDERED BREATHING IN ADULTSTerry Young; Fiscal Year: 2003..5) Characterize SDB and other sleep disorders in Hmong, a minority population at high risk for sudden death during sleep. ..
- MENOPAUSE AND MIDLIFE AGING EFFECTS ON SLEEP DISORDERSTerry Young; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SLEEP-DISORDERED BREATHING IN ADULTSTerry Young; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MENOPAUSE AND MIDLIFE AGING EFFECTS ON SLEEP DISORDERSTerry Young; Fiscal Year: 2001..The specific aims, will be addressed using standard definition of menopause and dyssomnias, with longitudinal multivariate models able to control for confounding factors and to investigate interactions. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SLEEP-DISORDERED BREATHING IN ADULTSTerry B Young; Fiscal Year: 2010....