T L Young
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Evidence that a locus for familial high myopia maps to chromosome 18pT L Young
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Hum Genet 63:109-19. 1998..The maximum LOD score was 9.59, with marker D18S481, at a recombination fraction of .0010. Haplotype analysis further refined this myopia locus to a 7.6-cM interval between markers D18S59 and D18S1138 on 18p11.31...
- A second locus for familial high myopia maps to chromosome 12qT L Young
Department of Opthalmology, Division of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Hum Genet 63:1419-24. 1998..1-cM interval on chromosome 12q21-23, for the second myopia gene. These results confirm genetic heterogeneity of myopia. The identification of this gene may provide insight into the pathophysiology of myopia and eye development...
- The IOLAB, Inc pediatric intraocular lens study. AAPOS Reasearch Committee. American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and StrabismusT L Young
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J AAPOS 3:295-302. 1999..The goal of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of IOL implantation for the treatment of pediatric aphakia, pending approval by the Food and Drug Administration...
- Further refinement of the MYP2 locus for autosomal dominant high myopia by linkage disequilibrium analysisT L Young
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 22:69-75. 2001..31 (Young et al.: Am J Hum Genet 1998;63:109-119). Haplotype analysis revealed an initial interval of 7.6 centimorgans (cM)...
- Multiplexed short tandem repeat polymorphisms of the Weber 8A set of markers using tailed primers and infrared fluorescence detectionW S Oetting
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Electrophoresis 19:3079-83. 1998..The STRP banding pattern is detected using an automated fluorescent DNA sequencer. Use of this multiplexed genomic screening set should greatly enhance the mapping of human disease loci...