John Q Young
Affiliation: University of California
- "July effect": impact of the academic year-end changeover on patient outcomes: a systematic reviewJohn Q Young
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 94143, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:309-15. 2011..It is commonly believed that the quality of health care decreases during trainee changeovers at the end of the academic year...
- Improving follow-up of high-risk psychiatry outpatients at resident year-end transferJohn Q Young
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medcine, San Francisco, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:300-8. 2011..A multifaceted intervention was designed and implemented to identify and improve followup of high-risk patients during academic year-end outpatient transfers in a psychiatry resident continuity clinic...
- Perioperative use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and risks for adverse outcomes of surgeryAndrew D Auerbach
Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, PO Box 0131, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:1075-81. 2013..Multicenter studies including a broad range of surgical procedures that explore rare outcomes, such as bleeding and mortality, and that account for indications for administration of SSRIs are needed...
- Improving resident education and patient safety: a method to balance initial caseloads at academic year-end transferJohn Q Young
Department of Psychiatry, UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Acad Med 85:1418-24. 2010..When significant, these imbalances may compromise resident learning and patient safety. Using data from psychiatric outpatient continuity clinics, this study tested a method for balancing initial caseloads...
- Development and initial testing of a structured clinical observation tool to assess pharmacotherapy competenceJohn Q Young
Department of Psychiatry, and Dr O Sullivan with the Office of Medical Education, at UCSF School of Medicine in San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Acad Psychiatry 35:27-34. 2011..the authors developed and tested the feasibility and utility of a new direct-observation instrument to assess trainee performance of a medication management session...