David M Young
Affiliation: University of California
- Antibiotic use in the treatment of soft tissue abscesses: a survey of current practicePriya M Rajendran
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:237-8. 2007
- An epidemic of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus soft tissue infections among medically underserved patientsDavid M Young
Department of Surgery, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
Arch Surg 139:947-51; discussion 951-3. 2004..A high prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in soft tissue infections presents a treatment challenge...
- Sustained expression of Hif-1alpha in the diabetic environment promotes angiogenesis and cutaneous wound repairKimberly A Mace
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0932, USA
Wound Repair Regen 15:636-45. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that Hif-1alpha function plays a significant role in wound healing and reduced levels of Hif-1alpha may contribute to impaired healing...
- Application of the chemokine CXCL12 expression plasmid restores wound healing to near normal in a diabetic mouse modelTerry E Restivo
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco East Bay, Oakland, California, USA
J Trauma 69:392-8. 2010..We hypothesized that by increasing the level of the chemokine CXCL12 in wounds of diabetic mice, we would increase stem cell recruitment to the wound and, thus, accelerate time to wound closure...
- Inappropriate antibiotic use in soft tissue infectionsKeyianoosh Z Paydar
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Surgery, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Arch Surg 141:850-4; discussion 855-6. 2006..Many soft tissue infections treated with surgical drainage resolve even when treated with antibiotics not active against the organism isolated from the infection...
- HOXA3 modulates injury-induced mobilization and recruitment of bone marrow-derived cellsKimberly A Mace
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1302, USA
Stem Cells 27:1654-65. 2009..Thus HOXA3 accelerates wound repair by mobilizing endothelial progenitor cells and attenuating the excessive inflammatory response of chronic wounds...
- Hemangiomas and homeobox gene expressionScott L Hansen
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94131 1302, USA
J Craniofac Surg 17:767-71. 2006..We document increased expression of Hox D3 in proliferating hemangiomas and propose a potential role for Hox A3, B3, A5 and D10...
- Open incisional hernia repair at an academic tertiary care medical centerKhashayar Mohebali
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0104, USA
Arch Surg 144:848-52. 2009..To describe the postoperative complication rates of a large consecutive series of patients who underwent open incisional ventral hernia repair...
- Care of injection drug users with soft tissue infections in San Francisco, CaliforniaHobart W Harris
Department of Surgery, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California 94110, USA
Arch Surg 137:1217-22. 2002..Illicit injection drug use results in serious soft tissue infections that are the number one nonpsychiatric reason for admission to San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH), San Francisco, Calif...
- Effects of decreased insulin-like growth factor-1 stimulation on hypoxia inducible factor 1-alpha protein synthesis and function during cutaneous repair in diabetic miceDiana H Yu
Surgical Research Laboratory at San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1302, USA
Wound Repair Regen 15:628-35. 2007..Moreover, improved healing of diabetic wounds by addition of recombinant IGF-1 protein was associated with an increase in Hif-1alpha protein synthesis and function in vivo...
- Altered ultrasonic vocalizations in a tuberous sclerosis mouse model of autismDavid M Young
Department of Physiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11074-9. 2010..Our study of this murine model thus uncovers social abnormalities that arise from TSC haploinsufficiency and are suggestive of autism...
- HoxD3 accelerates wound healing in diabetic miceScott L Hansen
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Pathol 163:2421-31. 2003..These results indicate that HoxD3 may provide a means to directly improve collagen deposition, angiogenesis and closure in poorly healing diabetic wounds...
- HoxD3 expression and collagen synthesis in diabetic fibroblastsScott L Hansen
Surgical Research Laboratory at San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Wound Repair Regen 11:474-80. 2003....
- HOXA3 induces cell migration in endothelial and epithelial cells promoting angiogenesis and wound repairKimberly A Mace
Surgical Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, CA 94110, USA
J Cell Sci 118:2567-77. 2005....