Jina H Yoo
Affiliation: University of Missouri-St. Louis
- No clear winner: effects of The Biggest Loser on the stigmatization of obese personsJina H Yoo
Department of Communication, University of Missouri St Louis, Missouri, USA
Health Commun 28:294-303. 2013..The results imply that certain lifestyle transformation media, such as The Biggest Loser, might reinforce the notion that individuals control their own weight and thus further amplify the obesity stigma...
- An attributional analysis of stigma associated with sexually transmitted diseases and its relationship with communication efficacyJina H Yoo
Department of Communication, University of St, Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63121, USA
Glob J Health Sci 4:15-26. 2012....
- Obesity in the new media: a content analysis of obesity videos on YouTubeJina H Yoo
Department of Communication, University of Missouri St Louis, One University Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63121 4400, USA
Health Commun 27:86-97. 2012..We discuss a potential impact of YouTube videos on shaping viewers' perceptions about obesity and further reinforcing stigmatization of obese persons...
- Effects of entertainment (mis) education: exposure to entertainment television programs and organ donation intentionJina H Yoo
Department of Communication, University of Missouri Saint Louis, MO, USA
Health Commun 26:147-58. 2011..This study provides an integrative theoretical framework to study media effects on organ donation and empirical evidence for "entertainment miseducation" (Morgan, Harrison, Chewning, Davis, & DiCorcia, 2007)...
- Reservations of the spirit: the development of a culturally sensitive spiritual beliefs scale about organ donationMary Bresnahan
Department of Communication, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MS 48824 1212, USA
Health Commun 21:45-54. 2007..Implications of these findings are discussed for developing culturally effective education and procurement campaigns...