Michael A Yonas
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Examining structural and clinical factors associated with implementation of standing orders for adult immunizationMichael A Yonas
Department of Family Medicine
J Healthc Qual 34:34-42. 2012..This mixed methods approach provided the opportunity to develop a tailored and practice-oriented survey for examining the contextual factors influencing clinical providers' decisions to implement SOPs for adult immunization...
- Visual voices: a participatory method for engaging adolescents in research and knowledge transferMichael A Yonas
Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Transl Sci 6:72-7. 2013....
- Perceptions of neighborhood collective efficacy moderate the impact of maltreatment on aggressionMichael A Yonas
Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 3518 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Child Maltreat 15:37-47. 2010..Neighborhood-level factors such as collective efficacy should be considered as protective in preventing externalizing behaviors for youth who have experienced maltreatment...
- Perceptions of prominent neighborhood individuals regarding neighborhood factors and intimate partner violenceMichael Yonas
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Urban Health 88:214-24. 2011..These results contribute to a deeper understanding of contextual influences upon IPV, the development of tailored quantitative research and to the design of local multi-level public health IPV intervention and prevention efforts...
- Standing orders for influenza and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination: correlates identified in a national survey of U.S. Primary care physiciansSteven M Albert
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Fam Pract 13:22. 2012..Standing orders programs (SOPs) allow non-physician medical staff to assess eligibility and administer vaccines without a specific physician's order. SOPs increase vaccination rates but are underutilized...
- Intimate partner violence among HIV-positive persons in an urban clinicShruti Ramachandran
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, PA, USA
AIDS Care 22:1536-43. 2010..IPV and its association to HIV are significant issues among this sample. Findings support the need for developing new programs that address these epidemics simultaneously...
- Use of standing orders for adult influenza vaccination a national survey of primary care physiciansRichard K Zimmerman
Department of Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:144-8. 2011..However, recent data on their use are not available...
- A picture's worth a thousand words: engaging youth in CBPR using the creative artsMichael A Yonas
Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 3:349-58. 2009..Visual Voices is an arts-based participatory data collection method designed to work together with young people and communities to collaboratively elicit, examine, and celebrate the perspectives of youth...
- Psychosocial stress and asthma morbidityMichael A Yonas
Departments of Family Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 12:202-10. 2012..The objective of this review is to provide an overview and discussion of recent epidemiologic and mechanistic studies of stress in relation to asthma incidence and morbidity...