Bradley A Yoder
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Heated, Humidified High-Flow Nasal Cannula Versus Nasal CPAP for Respiratory Support in NeonatesBradley A Yoder
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, PO Box 581289, Salt Lake City, UT 84158 1289
Pediatrics 131:e1482-90. 2013..The objective was to assess the efficacy and safety of HHHFNC compared with nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nCPAP) for noninvasive respiratory support in the NICU...
- Does a highest pre-ductal O(2) saturation <85% predict non-survival for congenital diaphragmatic hernia?B A Yoder
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84158 1289, USA
J Perinatol 32:947-52. 2012....
- Time-related changes in steroid use and bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infantsBradley A Yoder
aDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84158 1289, USA
Pediatrics 124:673-9. 2009..To assess dexamethasone (DEX) and hydrocortisone (HC) use in premature infants over time and the association of steroid use with the incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) at 36 weeks' postmenstrual age...
- Late-preterm birth: does the changing obstetric paradigm alter the epidemiology of respiratory complications?Bradley A Yoder
Department of Pediatrics and Obstetrics Gynecology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:814-22. 2008..To analyze the effect of gestational age, delivery mode, and maternal-fetal risk factors on rates of respiratory problems among infants born 34 or more weeks of gestation over a 9-year period...
- Lung function measurements in a preterm animal model of respiratory failure: comparison of two different neonatal ventilatorsBradley A Yoder
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84158, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:1069-76. 2006..Ventilator management in the NICU, especially weaning, may be affected by the specific ventilator in use...
- Postnatal estradiol up-regulates lung nitric oxide synthases and improves lung function in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaDonald C McCurnin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:492-500. 2009..Fetal estradiol levels increase during late gestation and estradiol up-regulates NOS, suggesting that after preterm birth estradiol deprivation causes attenuated lung NOS resulting in impaired pulmonary function...
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes in the early CPAP and pulse oximetry trialYvonne E Vaucher
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California 92013, USA
N Engl J Med 367:2495-504. 2012..A lower (vs. higher) target range of oxygen saturation was associated with a lower rate of severe retinopathy but higher mortality. We now report longer-term results from our prespecified hypotheses...
- Pulmonary NO synthase expression is attenuated in a fetal baboon model of chronic lung diseaseSam Afshar
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L749-58. 2003..It is postulated that these alterations in NOS expression and activity may contribute to the pathogenesis of CLD...
- Surfactant composition and function in a primate model of infant chronic lung disease: effects of inhaled nitric oxidePhilip L Ballard
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 19104, USA
Pediatr Res 59:157-62. 2006..NO treatment improves the apparent ability of hydrophobic SP to promote low surface tension, perhaps secondary to less protein inactivation of surfactant, and improves lung volume by a process unrelated to surfactant function...
- Inhaled NO improves early pulmonary function and modifies lung growth and elastin deposition in a baboon model of neonatal chronic lung diseaseDonald C McCurnin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L450-9. 2005..Thus, in the baboon model of CLD, iNO improves early pulmonary function and alters lung growth and extracellular matrix deposition. As such, NO biosynthetic pathway dysfunction may contribute to the pathogenesis of CLD...
- Improved lung growth and function through hypoxia-inducible factor in primate chronic lung disease of prematurityTiina M Asikainen
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson St, Rm. J-318, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
FASEB J 20:1698-700. 2006..These findings indicate that HIF stimulation by PHD inhibition ameliorates pathological and physiological consequences of BPD...
- Antenatal consent in the SUPPORT trial: challenges, costs, and representative enrollmentWade D Rich
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Pediatrics 126:e215-21. 2010....
- Feasibility study of early blood pressure management in extremely preterm infantsBeau J Batton
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Pediatr 161:65-9.e1. 2012..To assess the feasibility of a randomized placebo controlled trial (RCT) of blood pressure (BP) management for extremely preterm infants...
- Antenatal Ureaplasma urealyticum respiratory tract infection stimulates proinflammatory, profibrotic responses in the preterm baboon lungRose M Viscardi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pediatr Res 60:141-6. 2006..Collectively, these data suggest that a prolonged proinflammatory response initiated by intrauterine Ureaplasma infection contributes to early fibrosis and altered developmental signaling in the immature lung...
- Prediction of bronchopulmonary dysplasia by postnatal age in extremely premature infantsMatthew M Laughon
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7596, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:1715-22. 2011....
- Intercenter differences in bronchopulmonary dysplasia or death among very low birth weight infantsNamasivayam Ambalavanan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Pediatrics 127:e106-16. 2011....
- Neonatal outcomes of extremely preterm infants from the NICHD Neonatal Research NetworkBarbara J Stoll
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, 2015 Uppergate Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatrics 126:443-56. 2010....
- Developmental changes in nitric oxide synthase isoform expression and nitric oxide production in fetal baboon lungPhilip W Shaul
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L1192-9. 2002..Thus, there are developmental increases in pulmonary NOS expression and NO production during the early third trimester in the primate that may enhance airway and parenchymal function in the immediate postnatal period...
- Distribution of corticotropin releasing hormone in the fetus, newborn, juvenile, and adult baboonSusan A Dotzler
Department of Pediatrics, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 2200 Berquist Suite 1, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, USA
Pediatr Res 55:120-5. 2004..Given its presence and distribution, we speculate that CRH may exert ongoing paracrine and/or autocrine actions in these tissues from the time of intrauterine life throughout adulthood...
- Nasal ventilation alters mesenchymal cell turnover and improves alveolarization in preterm lambsBrent Reyburn
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Williams Building, PO Box 581289, Salt Lake City, UT 84158, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:407-18. 2008..In normally developing lungs, by comparison, remodeling of the immature parenchymal architecture is characterized by thinning of the future alveolar walls, a process predicated on cell loss through apoptosis...
- Resistant Candida parapsilosis associated with long term fluconazole prophylaxis in an animal modelBradley A Yoder
Department of Medicine and Physiology, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:687-8. 2004..Where such programs are in place, evaluation of fungal isolates for drug resistance should be considered...
- Changing obstetric practices associated with decreasing incidence of meconium aspiration syndromeBradley A Yoder
Department of Pediatrics, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:731-9. 2002..CONCLUSION: Reduction in post-term delivery was the most important factor in reducing meconium aspiration syndrome...
- Split abdominal wall muscle flap repair vs patch repair of large congenital diaphragmatic herniasDouglas C Barnhart
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Primary Children s Medical Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84113, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:81-6. 2012..Large congenital diaphragmatic hernias are commonly repaired with a prosthetic patch. We hypothesized that a split abdominal wall muscle flap would reduce the risk of recurrence...
- Neonatal candidiasis: epidemiology, risk factors, and clinical judgmentDaniel K Benjamin
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University, Duke Clinical Research Institute, 2400 Pratt St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Pediatrics 126:e865-73. 2010..We quantified risk factors that predict infection in premature infants at high risk and compared clinical judgment with a prediction model of invasive candidiasis...
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with cardiac defects and congenital diaphragmatic herniaShaji C Menon
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Pediatr 162:114-119.e2. 2013....
- Increasing supplemental thyroid hormone use among premature infants born at 23 to 32 weeks' gestationMegan Linn
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84158 1289, USA
Am J Perinatol 27:731-5. 2010..As l-thyroxine treatment was not consistent with protocols from published randomized trials, new focused randomized controlled trials are needed...
- Utility of neuroradiographic imaging in predicting outcomes after neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenationMichael D Rollins
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Utah, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:76-80. 2012..We sought to evaluate the correlation between findings on head ultrasound (HUS) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and determine the association of these findings to neurodevelopmental outcome...
- Treatment of immature baboons for 28 days with early nasal continuous positive airway pressureMerran A Thomson
Division of Paedatrics, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:1054-62. 2004..nCPAP is an effective noninvasive ventilatory technique that minimizes lung injury in baboons at risk of developing bronchopulmonary dysplasia...
- A catalytic antioxidant attenuates alveolar structural remodeling in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaLing Yi L Chang
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:57-64. 2003..These results suggest that AEOL 10113 might reduce the risk of pulmonary oxygen toxicity in prematurely born infants...
- Pulmonary and systemic nitric oxide metabolites in a baboon model of neonatal chronic lung diseaseDavid A Munson
Joseph Stokes Jr. Research Institute, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 3516 Civic Center Blvd, 416D Abramson Research Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 33:582-8. 2005..Thus, a deficiency in NO production and biological function in the premature baboon was not apparent by the detection and quantification of these surrogate markers of NO production...
- Bombesin-like peptides modulate alveolarization and angiogenesis in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaMeera Subramaniam
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:902-12. 2007..quot;..
- Effects of antenatal colonization with ureaplasma urealyticum on pulmonary disease in the immature baboonBradley A Yoder
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Pediatr Res 54:797-807. 2003..Inherent immune system responses may determine outcome of perinatal Ureaplasma colonization...
- Delayed extubation to nasal continuous positive airway pressure in the immature baboon model of bronchopulmonary dysplasia: lung clinical and pathological findingsMerran A Thomson
Clinical Sciences Division, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 118:2038-50. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Volutrauma and/or low-grade colonization of airways secondary to increased reintubations and ventilation times are speculated to play causative roles in the delayed nasal continuous positive airway pressure group findings...
- Effect of ductus ligation on cardiopulmonary function in premature baboonsDonald C McCurnin
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1569-74. 2005..The role of the patent ductus arteriosus in the development of chronic lung disease in surfactant-treated premature newborns remains unclear...