Kelly R Ylitalo
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Relationship of race-ethnicity, body mass index, and economic strain with longitudinal self-report of physical functioning: the Study of Women's Health Across the NationKelly R Ylitalo
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
Ann Epidemiol 23:401-8. 2013..This study examined progression and improvement of physical functioning limitations during the mid-life and whether race-ethnicity, economic strain, or body mass index were associated with these changes...
- Serial anthropometry predicts peripheral nerve dysfunction in a community cohortKelly R Ylitalo
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 29:145-51. 2013..This study assessed the impact of body size trajectories on prevalent nerve dysfunction in community-dwelling women with and without glucose intolerance...
- Performance-based physical functioning and peripheral neuropathy in a population-based cohort of women at midlifeKelly R Ylitalo
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Epidemiol 177:810-7. 2013..For some performance-based tasks, poor functioning was maintained or exacerbated for women who had prevalent neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy may play a role in physical functioning limitations and future disability...
- Health care provider recommendation, human papillomavirus vaccination, and race/ethnicity in the US National Immunization SurveyKelly R Ylitalo
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Public Health 103:164-9. 2013..We examined racial/ethnic differences in the prevalence of health care provider recommendations for HPV vaccination and the association between recommendation and vaccination...
- Prevalence and correlates of disability in a late middle-aged population of womenCarrie A Karvonen-Gutierrez
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Aging Health 25:701-17. 2013..This study estimates the prevalence of disability among late middle-aged women and identifies important correlates of disability among this population...
- Peripheral vascular disease and peripheral neuropathy in individuals with cardiometabolic clustering and obesity: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2001-2004Kelly R Ylitalo
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1642-7. 2011..This study describes the prevalence of LEDs and examines the association of obesity and cardiometabolic clustering in a population-based sample...