J Y Yeun
Affiliation: University of California
- Acute phase proteins and peritoneal dialysate albumin loss are the main determinants of serum albumin in peritoneal dialysis patientsJ Y Yeun
Department of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 30:923-7. 1997..CRP and SAA significantly correlated with one another, but neither correlated with transperitoneal albumin losses. Hypoalbuminemia in PD patients is a consequence of transperitoneal albumin losses and of the acute phase response...
- Factors influencing serum albumin in dialysis patientsJ Y Yeun
Department of Medicine, University of California Davis, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 32:S118-25. 1998..Future studies should focus on elucidating the inflammatory stimuli and the complex interaction between the acute-phase response and nutritional status...
- C-Reactive protein predicts all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in hemodialysis patientsJ Y Yeun
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, and the Department of Statistics, University of California Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 35:469-76. 2000..The acute-phase response or the cause of the acute-phase response is largely responsible for the effect of hypoalbuminemia on mortality in HD patients...
- C-reactive protein, oxidative stress, homocysteine, and troponin as inflammatory and metabolic predictors of atherosclerosis in ESRDJ Y Yeun
Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Mather, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 9:621-30. 2000..Sorting out the role of each of these risk factors may be difficult since the factors may influence each other, may increase oxidative stress, and may mediate atherosclerosis through oxidative modification of lipids...
- Initial antihypertensive therapy. What are the current drugs of choice?J Y Yeun
Nephrology Section, Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Mather, CA, USA
Postgrad Med 110:39-40, 43-4, 47-8 passim. 2001..She examines the confounding elements in the trials, provides an interpretation of study results, and suggests a practical approach to initial treatment of uncomplicated hypertension...
- Extended daily dialysis vs. continuous hemodialysis for ICU patients with acute renal failure: a two-year single center reportV A Kumar
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Int J Artif Organs 27:371-9. 2004..22% of EDD treatments (p<0.001). We conclude that EDD is a safe, effective alternative to CRRT that offers comparable hemodynamic stability and excellent small solute control...
- Daily dialysis in North America: evidence for a bright futureV A Kumar
Int J Artif Organs 26:95-9. 2003