Affiliation: University of California
- Inducible NOS mediates CNP-induced relaxation of intestinal myofibroblastsYishi Chen
Department of Medicine and Liver Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G673-9. 2013..Together these data indicate that stimulation of sGC though NO produced by iNOS activation is required for maximal CNP-induced relaxation in IMF...
- The patient-centered medical home neighbor: A subspecialty physician's viewHal F Yee
University of California, San Francisco, 94110, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:63-4. 2011..Second, the recommended care coordination agreements must be better standardized for the sake of practicality. Finally, genuine dialogue between PCMH and PCMH-N practices needs to be realized...
- Race and inflammatory bowel disease in an urban healthcare systemJustin L Sewell
Center for Innovation in Access and Quality, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, SFGH NH 3D7, GI Unit, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:3479-87. 2010..Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is increasingly common among non-Caucasian populations, but interracial differences in disease characteristics and management are not well-characterized...
- Healthcare reform with a safety net: lessons from San FranciscoAndrew B Bindman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:747-50. 2009..San Francisco, California, is implementing several innovative programs to strengthen the financial viability of its healthcare safety net while also attempting to improve the access to and the quality of healthcare services...
- Hospitalizations are increasing among minority patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisJustin L Sewell
GI HOPE Health Outcomes, Policy, and Economics Research Program and Center for Specialty Access and Quality, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:204-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine time trends of hospital discharge among minority patients with IBD...
- Understanding liver health using the National Center for Health StatisticsMa Somsouk
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:2325-9. 2009..By providing an understanding of the rich, publicly available data systems within the NCHS, investigators may capitalize on an efficient means to shape current knowledge of liver disease...
- Non-English speakers attend gastroenterology clinic appointments at higher rates than English speakers in a vulnerable patient populationJustin L Sewell
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:652-60. 2009..We sought to identify factors associated with gastroenterology clinic attendance in an urban safety net healthcare system...
- Comparison of the cost and effectiveness of two strategies for maintaining hepatitis B immunity in hemodialysis patientsSammy Saab
Department of Medicine, Los Angeles School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Vaccine 20:3230-5. 2002..The results of our model did not support our hypothesis, and indicate that regularly screening patients for HBV immunity before revaccination is less costly and more effective than the empiric vaccination of hemodialysis patients...
- A cost-identification analysis of screening and surveillance of hepatitis C infection in a prospective cohort of dialysis patientsMa Somsouk
Department of Medicine, GI Health Outcomes, Policy and Economics HOPE Research Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1093-9. 2008..Due to high surveillance cost, further studies are necessary to determine optimal intervals and settings...
- [Ca2+]i-independent contractile force generation by rat hepatic stellate cells in response to endothelin-1Andrew C Melton
Liver Center and Department of Medicine, University of San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, Bldg. 40, Rm. 4102, 1001 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G7-13. 2006..Our results challenge the current model of contractile regulation in hepatic stellate cells and have important implications for our understanding of hepatic pathophysiology...
- Hepatitis B surface antigenemia in chronic hemodialysis patients: effect of hepatitis B immunizationDavid Ly
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:138-41. 2002..Hemodialysis patients should not be screened for HBV within a week of immunization, and caution should be exercised when interpreting HBsAg seropositivity within 4 wk of HBV immunization...
- Regulation of Hepatic Stellate Cell Responses to InjuryHal Yee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..