Affiliation: University of California
- Factors predicting physical activity among children with special needsShahram Yazdani
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E119. 2013..Both lack of physical activity and unhealthful eating are major contributing factors. The objective of our study was to investigate barriers to physical activity among these children...
- A longitudinal method of teaching pediatric palliative care to interns: preliminary findings regarding changes in interns' comfort levelShahram Yazdani
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Palliat Support Care 8:35-40. 2010..The present study explores the possible effects of this curriculum on the interns' self-assessed comfort levels regarding caring for children with life-threatening conditions...
- Standardized admission order set improves perceived quality of pediatric inpatient careArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 94143 0110, USA
J Hosp Med 4:90-6. 2009..Few studies exist on the ability of standardized preprinted order forms to improve patient care...
- Varicella-zoster virus: an overlooked cause of aseptic meningitisRavi Jhaveri
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:96-7. 2003..We describe a previously healthy child who had aseptic meningitis without exanthem caused by reactivation of varicella-zoster virus. This has not been previously reported in the pediatric literature...
- Treatment of chronic pain in children and adolescentsShahram Yazdani
Pediatric Pain Program and Division of General Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Pain Manag 3:303-14. 2013..Development of targeted novel therapies as well as comparative studies of existing treatments will help to improve treatment for chronic pain in children. ..
- Staff-only pediatric hospitalist care of patients with medically complex subspecialty conditions in a major teaching hospitalArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Marion Davis Children s Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:975-80. 2008..To assess cost and length of stay for subspecialty patients on a staff-only general pediatric hospitalist service vs traditional faculty/housestaff subspecialty services in a major teaching hospital...