Affiliation: University of California
- Risk of advanced-stage breast cancer among older women with comorbiditiesShagufta Yasmeen
University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1510-9. 2012..We compared mammography use, and overall and advanced-stage breast cancer rates, among female Medicare beneficiaries with different levels of comorbidity...
- Screening mammography beliefs and recommendations: a web-based survey of primary care physiciansShagufta Yasmeen
Department of Internal Medicine and Centre for Healthcare Policy and Research University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:32. 2012....
- Comorbidities and mammography use interact to explain racial/ethnic disparities in breast cancer stage at diagnosisShagufta Yasmeen
University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California, USA
Cancer 117:3252-61. 2011..Interactions with comorbidity burden and comorbidity-related care have not been examined as potential explanations for racial/ethnic disparities in advanced-stage breast cancer at diagnosis...
- Is grandmultiparity an independent risk factor for adverse perinatal outcomes?Shagufta Yasmeen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Davis, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 17:277-80. 2005..To compare maternal and neonatal outcomes among grandmultiparous women to those of multiparous women 30 years or older...
- Incidence of cervical cytological abnormalities with aging in the women's health initiative: a randomized controlled trialShagufta Yasmeen
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, 95817, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:410-9. 2006..To estimate the incidence of cytological abnormalities and cervical cancer and to determine the effect of oral estrogen and progestin on cervical cytology among postmenopausal women participating in a multi-institution clinical trial...
- Accuracy of obstetric diagnoses and procedures in hospital discharge dataShagufta Yasmeen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:992-1001. 2006..The objective of the study was to estimate the validity of obstetric procedures and diagnoses in California patient discharge data...
- Medical costs of fourteen occupational illnesses in the United States in 1999J Paul Leigh
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, TB168, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616 838, United States
Scand J Work Environ Health 29:304-13. 2003..This study estimated the annual medical costs associated with 14 occupational illnesses in the United States in 1999...
- Ovarian cancer: can we make the clinical diagnosis earlier?Lloyd H Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California at Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer 104:1398-407. 2005..The aim of this study was to provide an objective evaluation of symptoms that precede a diagnosis of ovarian cancer...
- Frequency and predictive value of a mammographic recommendation for short-interval follow-upShagufta Yasmeen
University of California, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Internal Medicine, Davis, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:429-36. 2003....
- Coding of perineal lacerations and other complications of obstetric care in hospital discharge dataPatrick S Romano
Division of General Medicine, the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:717-25. 2005..To assess the validity of obstetric complications, including the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Core Measure on perineal lacerations, in the California Patient Discharge Data Set...
- Endoscopic evidence of mucosal injury in patients taking ticlopidine compared with patients taking aspirin/nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and controlsRafiq A Sheikh
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:529-32. 2002..We studied the endoscopic evidence of mucosal damage in patients taking ticlopidine compared with patients taking aspirin/nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and matched controls...
- Adequacy evaluation of fine-needle aspiration biopsy in the breast health clinic settingLydia P Howell
Department of Pathology, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer 102:295-301. 2004..S. and create challenges for adequacy evaluation. The current study described the experience with breast FNAB adequacy evaluation over a 2-year period, the issues that emerged, and the problem-solving employed to mitigate these issues...
- Correlation of Ki-67, p53, and Adnab-9 immunohistochemical staining and ploidy with clinical and histopathologic features of severely dysplastic colorectal adenomasRafiq A Sheikh
Department of Gastroenterology, University of California Davis Medical Center, Davis, California, USA
Dig Dis Sci 48:223-9. 2003..Adnab-9 antibody may identify a field defect in above-average-risk adenoma-bearing patients...
- Effects of conjugated equine estrogens on breast cancer and mammography screening in postmenopausal women with hysterectomyMarcia L Stefanick
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif 94305, USA
JAMA 295:1647-57. 2006..Preliminary results suggesting possible reduction in breast cancers warranted more detailed analysis...
- Low-fat dietary pattern and cancer incidence in the Women's Health Initiative Dietary Modification Randomized Controlled TrialRoss L Prentice
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1534-43. 2007..The trial protocol also listed ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer as outcomes that may be favorably affected by the intervention...
- Predicting risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women by hormone receptor statusRowan T Chlebowski
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1695-705. 2007..We evaluated and attempted to improve the performance of the Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool (i.e., the Gail model) for estimating invasive breast cancer risk by receptor status in postmenopausal women...
- Re: Short-interval follow-up mammography: are we doing the right thing?Shagufta Yasmeen
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1175-6. 2003
- Comorbidities and Breast Cancer among Elderly Women in the State of CaliforniaShagufta Yasmeen; Fiscal Year: 2007....