Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Social isolation and adult mortality: the role of chronic inflammation and sex differencesYang Claire Yang
Department of Sociology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27516, USA
J Health Soc Behav 54:183-203. 2013..There are notable sex differences in the mortality effects of social isolation in that they are greater for men and can be attributed in part to their heightened inflammatory responses...
- Impact of social integration on metabolic functions: evidence from a nationally representative longitudinal study of US older adultsYang Claire Yang
Department of Sociology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC, 27517, USA
BMC Public Health 13:1210. 2013..To fill this gap we tested the effects of social integration on metabolic functions over time in a nationally representative sample of older adults in the United States and examined population heterogeneity in the effects...
- Aging and cancer mortality: dynamics of change and sex differencesYang Yang
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States
Exp Gerontol 47:695-705. 2012..Analysis of age dynamics and sex differences in cancer mortality may modify extant aging-related theories of carcinogenesis and frame future searches for specific explanatory factors...
- Change of sex gaps in total and cause-specific mortality over the life span in the United StatesYang Yang
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Sociology, and Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27517, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:94-103. 2012..However, the patterns and explanations of variations in sex disparities in mortality across the life span and underlying causes of death are not well understood. We conducted a population-based study to further test this hypothesis...
- Sex differences in age trajectories of physiological dysregulation: inflammation, metabolic syndrome, and allostatic loadYang Yang
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Sociology, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27517, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 66:493-500. 2011..These patterns remain robust after adjustment of risk factors and shed light on the biological base of the reduction of sex difference in mortality in the post-reproductive life span...
- Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortalityHui Zheng
Department of Sociology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:990-6. 2012..We discuss these findings in the context of the extant literature and the long-term prospect of life expectancy in the U.S...
- Nanoparticle Delivery of Pooled siRNA for Effective Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung CanerYang Yang
Division of Molecular Pharmaceutics, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, United States
Mol Pharm 9:2280-9. 2012..Our results demonstrate that the targeted LCP is a promising vector to deliver pooled siRNA into tumors and to achieve multiple target blocking. This is potentially a valid therapeutic modality in the gene therapy of human NSCLC. ..
- SPHERE: SPherical Harmonic Elastic REgistration of HARDI dataPew Thian Yap
Department of Radiology and BRIC, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Neuroimage 55:545-56. 2011..Experimental results show marked increase in accuracy over a state-of-the-art DTI registration algorithm...
- Systemic delivery of modified mRNA encoding herpes simplex virus 1 thymidine kinase for targeted cancer gene therapyYuhua Wang
Division of Molecular Pharmaceutics and Center for Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Ther 21:358-67. 2013....
- Heterogeneity in the Strehler-Mildvan general theory of mortality and agingHui Zheng
Department of Sociology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 0088, USA
Demography 48:267-90. 2011..These findings indicate that the SM theory needs to be generalized to incorporate heterogeneity among human populations...
- Calcium phosphate nanoparticles with an asymmetric lipid bilayer coating for siRNA delivery to the tumorJun Li
Division of Molecular Pharmaceutics, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Control Release 158:108-14. 2012..Bio-distribution study showed that LCP-II required more PEGylation for MPS evasion than the previous LPD, probably due to increased surface curvature in LCP-II...