Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Effects of a traditional Taiji/Qigong curriculum on older adults' immune response to influenza vaccineYang Yang
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 906 S Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Med Sport Sci 52:64-76. 2008..Traditional TQ practice improves the antibody response to influenza vaccine in older adults, but further study is needed to determine whether the enhanced response is sufficient to provide definitive protection from influenza infection...
- Effect of combined Taiji and Qigong training on balance mechanisms: a randomized controlled trial of older adultsYang Yang
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Med Sci Monit 13:CR339-48. 2007....
- Effects of a Taiji and Qigong intervention on the antibody response to influenza vaccine in older adultsYang Yang
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Am J Chin Med 35:597-607. 2007..Traditional TQ practice improves the antibody response to influenza vaccine in older adults, but further study is needed to determine whether the enhanced response is sufficient to provide definitive protection from influenza infection...
- The effects of a multimodal intervention on outcomes of persons with early-stage dementiaSandy C Burgener
Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, University of Illinois College of Nursing, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 23:382-94. 2008..Continued improvement in outcomes was not observed at 40 weeks. However, findings support further testing of the intervention along with potential for achieving positive outcomes in early-stage dementia...
- Effect of Tai Chi on gait and obstacle crossing behaviors in middle-aged adultsArun K Ramachandran
Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 124 Mechanical Engineering Building, MC 244, 1206 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Gait Posture 26:248-55. 2007..It has been suggested that TC may reduce the risk of falls in older adults. Future studies will need to determine whether these observed gait behaviors are found in older adults and are related to reductions in fall risk...
- Taiji training improves knee extensor strength and force control in older adultsEvangelos A Christou
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:763-6. 2003..For the control group, strength, SD, and CV of force were not different for the 2 tests. The overall findings suggest that Taiji training improves knee extensor strength and force control in older adults...
- Functional disability, disability transitions, and depressive symptoms in late lifeYang Yang
Department of Sociology, The University of Chicago, 1126 E 59th St, Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Aging Health 17:263-92. 2005..This article addresses how stable functional disability statuses and disability transitions are related to change in depressive symptoms in the elderly...
- How does functional disability affect depressive symptoms in late life? The role of perceived social support and psychological resourcesYang Yang
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, 1126 E 59th St, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Health Soc Behav 47:355-72. 2006..Self-esteem appears to be the strongest mediator...
- [ABO-incompatible liver transplantation for liver failure]Yang Yang
Liver Transplant Center, Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Transplantation Research Institute of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2833-6. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of ABO-incompatible orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) in treatment of liver failure...
- Is old age depressing? Growth trajectories and cohort variations in late-life depressionYang Yang
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Health Soc Behav 48:16-32. 2007..The growth trajectories can be accounted for by factors associated with historical trends in education, life course stages, health decline, differential survival, stress, and coping resources...
- [The treatment strategy of early ALI after liver transplantation]Hui Min Yi
Liver Tansplantation Center, Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Transplantation Research Institute of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:889-93. 2006..To investigate the treatment strategy of early acute lung injury (ALI) after liver transplantation...
- [Prevention and treatment of hepatitis B virus reinfection after liver transplantation]Min Qiang Lu
Liver Transplantation Center, Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Transplantation Research Institute of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:742-4. 2006..To investigate the risk factors and treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) reinfection after liver transplantation...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of cytomegalovirus pneumonia after liver transplantation]Gen Shu Wang
Organ Transplantation Institute, Sun Yat Sen University, Liver Transplantation Center, Third Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:1512-5. 2005..To investigate the diagnosis and treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) pneumonia after liver transplantation...
- S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine hydrolase inactivation curtails ovalbumin-induced immune responsesYun Feng Fu
Laboratory of Immunopharmacology and State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 555 Zuchongzhi Rd, Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:1229-37. 2006..These data strongly indicate that DZ2002 suppresses antigen-induced specific immune responses, particularly Th1 responses, through inhibition of AdoHcy hydrolase and elevation of endogenous AdoHcy...
- Millisecond-accurate synchronization of visual stimulus displays for cognitive researchShuiqing Xie
South Central University for Nationalities, Wuhan, China
Behav Res Methods 37:373-8. 2005..With a specially developed driver, this solution can generate a trigger signal synchronized precisely with the stimulus onset in all popular Windows systems (including Windows 2000/XP)...
- CNP is required for maintenance of axon-glia interactions at nodes of Ranvier in the CNSMatthew N Rasband
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06032, USA
Glia 50:86-90. 2005..We suggest that CNP is a glial protein required for maintaining the integrity of paranodes and that disrupted axoglial signaling at this site underlies progressive axonal degeneration, observed later in the CNS of Cnp1-null mice...
- [Clinical study of adjuvant individualized chemotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma after liver transplantation]Gui Hua Chen
Transplantation Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:1040-3. 2004..To investigate the effect of adjuvant individualized chemotherapy in prevention of tumor recurrence and improvement of patient survival after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Containing pandemic influenza with antiviral agentsIra M Longini
Department of Biostatistics, The Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 159:623-33. 2004..Targeted antiviral prophylaxis has potential as an effective measure for containing influenza until adequate quantities of vaccine are available...
- Quantification of taiji learning in older adultsKarl S Rosengren
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:1186-7. 2003
- Molecular mechanisms for gender differences in susceptibility to T cell-mediated autoimmune diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceMin Bao
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Laboratory of Viral and Immunopathogenesis of Diabetes, Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
J Immunol 168:5369-75. 2002..We conclude that the increased susceptibility of female NOD mice to the development of autoimmune diabetes could be due to the enhancement of the Th1 immune response through the increase of IL-12-induced STAT4 activation by estrogen...