Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Molecular cloning of ESET, a novel histone H3-specific methyltransferase that interacts with ERG transcription factorLiu Yang
Medical Research Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, WA 98108, USA
Oncogene 21:148-52. 2002..Together, these findings raise the possibility that transcription factor ERG may participate in transcriptional regulation through ESET-mediated histone methylation...
- An ERG (ets-related gene)-associated histone methyltransferase interacts with histone deacetylases 1/2 and transcription co-repressors mSin3A/BLiu Yang
Department of Orthopedics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Biochem J 369:651-7. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that ESET histone methyltransferase can form a large, multi-protein complex(es) with mSin3A/B co-repressors and HDAC1/2 that participates in multiple pathways of transcriptional repression...
- EWS/FLI1 suppresses retinoblastoma protein function and senescence in Ewing's sarcoma cellsHsien Ming Hu
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, 1660 S Columbian Way, ORT112, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Orthop Res 26:886-93. 2008..Together, these results support the role of EWS/LI1 as an inhibitor of cellular senescence and implicate the retinoblastoma family of proteins as key mediators of this inhibition...
- ESET histone methyltransferase is essential to hypertrophic differentiation of growth plate chondrocytes and formation of epiphyseal platesLiu Yang
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, United States
Dev Biol 380:99-110. 2013..Together, these results provide clear evidence that ESET controls hypertrophic differentiation of growth plate chondrocytes and endochondral ossification during embryogenesis and postnatal development...
- FOXO1 is a direct target of EWS-Fli1 oncogenic fusion protein in Ewing's sarcoma cellsLiu Yang
Department of Orthopedics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:129-34. 2010..Together, these results suggest that suppression of FOXO1 function by EWS-Fli1 fusion protein may contribute to cellular transformation in Ewing's family tumors...
- TLS-ERG leukemia fusion protein deregulates cyclin-dependent kinase 1 and blocks terminal differentiation of myeloid progenitor cellsJing Pan
Departments of Orthopedics and Medicine Hematology, University of Washington, 1660 South Columbian Way, GMR 151, Seattle, WA 98108
Mol Cancer Res 6:862-72. 2008....
- Proper expression of helix-loop-helix protein Id2 is important to chondrogenic differentiation of ATDC5 cellsLiu Yang
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, U S A
Biochem J 419:635-43. 2009..Our results suggest that proper expression of Id2 is important to achieving a fine balance between growth and differentiation during chondrogenesis...
- The oncogenic TLS-ERG fusion protein exerts different effects in hematopoietic cells and fibroblastsJunhui Zou
Department of Orthopedics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6235-46. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that the oncogenic TLS-ERG fusion protein transforms hematopoietic cells and fibroblasts via different pathways...
- Mesenchyme-specific knockout of ESET histone methyltransferase causes ectopic hypertrophy and terminal differentiation of articular chondrocytesKevin A Lawson
From the Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98108 and
J Biol Chem 288:32119-25. 2013....
- Survival motor neuron (SMN) protein interacts with transcription corepressor mSin3AJunhui Zou
Departments of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Medicine Hematology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 USA
J Biol Chem 279:14922-8. 2004..Together, these findings provide a potential mechanism by which lack of fully functional SMN protein is detrimental to motor neuron survival...
- TASR-1 regulates alternative splicing of collagen genes in chondrogenic cellsHiroshi Matsushita
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:411-7. 2007..Immunohistostaining demonstrated that TASR-1 protein is more abundantly expressed than TASR-2 in mouse articular chondrocytes, raising the possibility that TASR-1 might be involved in phenotype maintenance of articular chondrocytes...
- Genomic structure and expression of the mouse ESET gene encoding an ERG-associated histone methyltransferase with a SET domainMichael L Blackburn
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1629:8-14. 2003..Full-length ESET transcript appears to be ubiquitously expressed. While the SET domain-deficient splicing variant is present in immortalized cell lines, it is undetectable by RT-PCR in the majority of normal mouse tissues...
- COL11A2 collagen gene transcription is differentially regulated by EWS/ERG sarcoma fusion protein and wild-type ERGYoshito Matsui
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11369-75. 2003..Taken together, these findings indicate that the COL11A2 gene is regulated both by potential ERG association with a histone deacetylase complex and by direct EWS/ERG recruitment of RNA polymerase II...
- ESET histone methyltransferase regulates osteoblastic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells during postnatal bone developmentKevin A Lawson
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, United States
FEBS Lett 587:3961-7. 2013..As the bone phenotype in ESET-null mice is 100% penetrant, these results support ESET as a critical regulator of osteoblast differentiation during bone development...
- Rab23 regulates differentiation of ATDC5 chondroprogenitor cellsLiu Yang
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10649-57. 2008..Because the phenotypes of Rab23 mutations in mice and humans include defects in cartilage and bone development, our study suggests that Rab23 is involved in the control of Sox9 expression via Gli1 protein...
- Targeting of EWS/FLI-1 by RNA interference attenuates the tumor phenotype of Ewing's sarcoma cells in vitroHoward A Chansky
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, 1660 S Columbian Way, ORT112, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Orthop Res 22:910-7. 2004..These experiments suggest that targeted silencing of the EWS/FLI-1 fusion gene by siRNA represents a promising strategy to study the loss of EWS/FLI-1 protein in Ewing's sarcoma cells of otherwise identical genetic background...
- RNA splicing mediated by YB-1 is inhibited by TLS/CHOP in human myxoid liposarcoma cellsTimothy B Rapp
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98108, USA
J Orthop Res 20:723-9. 2002..When considered in conjunction with studies on other sarcoma fusion proteins, these data suggest that aberrant RNA splicing may be a common feature of human sarcomas...
- Characterization and expression of the human gene encoding two translocation liposarcoma protein-associated serine-arginine (TASR) proteinsJeremiah M Clinton
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1660 South Columbian Way, GMR 151, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Gene 284:141-7. 2002..Northern blot analysis showed that at least five different TASR-1 and -2 transcripts are expressed in a broad range of human tissues...
- ESET methylates UBF at K232/254 and regulates nucleolar heterochromatin plasticity and rDNA transcriptionYu Jin Hwang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, World Class University Neurocytomics Group, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, South Korea, Medical Engineering, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, South Korea, Center for Neuro medicine, Brain Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology KIST, Seoul 136 791, South Korea, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA, Boston University Alzheimer s Disease Center and Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA, Department of Orthopedics and Division of Hematology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA and Medical Research Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 42:1628-43. 2014..Together, our findings show that a novel epigenetic modification of UBF is linked to impaired rDNA transcription and nucleolar chromatin remodeling, which may play key roles in the pathogenesis of neurodegeneration. ..
- Sp1 family of transcription factors regulates the human alpha2 (XI) collagen gene (COL11A2) in Saos-2 osteoblastic cellsTomohiro Goto
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:661-73. 2006..The findings indicate both ubiquitous and osteoblast-specific mechanisms of collagen gene regulation...
- [Effect of Tribulus terrestris L decoction of different concentrations on tyrosinase activity and the proliferation of melanocytes]Yan Deng
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 22:1017-9. 2002..To study the effects of the decoction of Tribulus terrestris L on tyrosinase activity and melanogenesis...
- DNase I-hypersensitive sites enhance alpha1(I) collagen gene expression in hepatic stellate cellsYutaka Yata
Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Hepatology 37:267-76. 2003..The collagen-GFP transgenic mice provide a convenient and reliable model system to investigate the molecular mechanisms controlling increased collagen expression during fibrosis...
- Polyphenols from Camellia sinenesis attenuate experimental cholestasis-induced liver fibrosis in ratsZhi Zhong
Dept of Cell and Developmental Biology, CB 7090, Univ of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7090, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G1004-13. 2003..Polyphenols from C. sinenesis scavenge oxygen radicals and prevent activation of stellate cells, thereby minimizing liver fibrosis...
- Immortalization of human articular chondrocytes and induction of their phenotypeQingyi He
Department of Orthopedics, Southwest Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 116:1351-6. 2003..To immortalize human articular chondrocytes (HACs) using gene transfection and to maintain stable phenotype of transformed HACs after induction...
- Purification and characterization of an isoflavone-conjugates-hydrolyzing beta-glucosidase from endophytic bacteriumLiu Yang
The State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol, Sun Yet Sen University, Guangzhou, 510275, PR China
J Agric Food Chem 52:1940-4. 2004....
- Kulokekahilide-2, a cytotoxic depsipeptide from a cephalaspidean mollusk Philinopsis speciosaYoichi Nakao
Department of Chemistry, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2545 The Mall, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822 2275, USA
J Nat Prod 67:1332-40. 2004..Kulokekahilide-2 showed potent cytotoxicity against several cell lines (P388, SK-OV-3, MDA-MB-435, and A-10 with IC50 values ranging from 4.2 to 59.1 nM) indicating cancer cell selectivity...
- [In vivo MR imaging tracking of supermagnetic iron-oxide nanoparticle-labeled bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells injected into intra-articular space of knee joints: experiment with rabbit]Xu hong Jin
Center of Joint Surgery, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:3213-8. 2007..5T system tracking of the survival, migration and differentiation of magnetically labeled seed cells-bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) injected into the articular cavity...
- Synthesis of novel derivatives of bispodophyllotoxin as potential antineoplastic agents--part XVIYing Qian Liu
School of Pharmacy, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, PR China
Nat Prod Res 22:285-91. 2008....
- Excess FGF-7 in corneal epithelium causes corneal intraepithelial neoplasia in young mice and epithelium hyperplasia in adult miceTaiichiro Chikama
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 3223 Eden Ave, Suite 350, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0527, USA
Am J Pathol 172:638-49. 2008..Taken together, Krt12-rtTA/tet-O-FGF-7 mice may be a suitable animal model for the study of the molecular and cellular mechanisms of human OSSN...
- Two complementary, local excitation, global inhibition mechanisms acting in parallel can explain the chemoattractant-induced regulation of PI(3,4,5)P3 response in dictyostelium cellsLan Ma
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Biophys J 87:3764-74. 2004..Finally, we use the model to predict the response of a cell where only a fraction is stimulated by a saturating dose of chemoattractant...
- NF-kappaB activation in Kupffer cells after partial hepatectomyLiu Yang
Dept of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G530-8. 2005..During liver regeneration, EGFP expression was detected within 12 h and was primarily located in Kupffer cells. Our data demonstrate that activation of NF-kappaB initially occurs in Kupffer cells after partial hepatectomy in mice...
- Sonic hedgehog is an autocrine viability factor for myofibroblastic hepatic stellate cellsLiu Yang
Gastroenterology and Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Hepatol 48:98-106. 2008..The hedgehog (Hh) pathway regulates remodeling of other injured tissues. This study evaluates the hypothesis that autocrine production of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) promotes MFB growth...
- Constructing plasma protein binding model based on a combination of cluster analysis and 4D-fingerprint molecular similarity analysesJianzhong Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 14:611-21. 2006..Moreover, these three IPE/IPE type similarity measures are very similar to one another for the particular training and test sets investigated. The 4D-fingerprints have relatively high predictivity for this particular dataset...
- Cloning, expression, purification, and characterization of a novel epoxide hydrolase from Aspergillus niger SQ-6Yanbin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Protein Expr Purif 53:239-46. 2007..It may be an industrial biocatalyst for the preparation of enantiopure epoxides or vicinal diols...
- Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma in liver fibrosisLiu Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G902-11. 2006..The data highlight a critical role for PPARgamma during in vivo fibrogenesis and emphasize the importance of the PPARgamma pathway in stellate cells during liver injury...
- Prediction of plasma protein binding of drugs using Kier-Hall valence connectivity indices and 4D-fingerprint molecular similarity analysesJianzhong Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 19716, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 19:567-83. 2005..Both the Kier-Hall valence connectivity indices similarity measures and the 4D-fingerprints have nearly same predictivity for this particular dataset...
- TLS and TLS Fusion Proteins in LeukemiaLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is envisioned that successful completion of this project will unveil potential therapeutic targets in the treatment of human leukemias characterized by the t(16;21) translocation. ..
- CHONDROGENESIS AND HISTONE MODIFICATION ENZYMESLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007....