Affiliation: University of California
- Short RNA duplexes produced by hydrolysis with Escherichia coli RNase III mediate effective RNA interference in mammalian cellsDun Yang
G W Hooper Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0552, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9942-7. 2002..esiRNA works by eliciting the destruction of its cognate mRNA. Because of its simplicity and potency, this approach is useful for analysis of mammalian gene functions...
- Tissue-specific RNA interference in postimplantation mouse embryos with endoribonuclease-prepared short interfering RNAFederico Calegari
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauer Strasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14236-40. 2002..Taken together, our data indicate that esiRNA delivered in a tissue-specific manner by topical injection followed by directed electroporation can efficiently silence endogenous gene expression in mammalian postimplantation embryos...
- RNA interference (RNAi) with RNase III-prepared siRNAsDun Yang
G. W. Hooper Foundation, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Methods Mol Biol 252:471-82. 2004..Since the whole gene can be used at once, screening for an active siRNA for an individual gene is eliminated. Because of its simplicity and potency, this approach is useful for large-scale analysis of mammalian gene function...
- Cell division and cell survival in the absence of survivinDun Yang
G W Hooper Research Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15100-5. 2004..However, the protein is not inevitably required for the survival of normal cells...
- Inhibition of CDK1 as a potential therapy for tumors over-expressing MYCAndrei Goga
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0552, USA
Nat Med 13:820-7. 2007..As there are no effective small-molecule inhibitors that selectively target the MYC pathway, we propose that CDK1 inhibition might therefore be useful in the treatment of human malignancies that overexpress MYC...
- Therapeutic potential of a synthetic lethal interaction between the MYC proto-oncogene and inhibition of aurora-B kinaseDun Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, G W Hooper Research Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13836-41. 2010....
- MYC suppresses cancer metastasis by direct transcriptional silencing of αv and β3 integrin subunitsHong Liu
G W Hooper Foundation, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Cell Biol 14:567-74. 2012....