N David Yanez
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Intensive insulin therapy and mortality in critically ill patientsMiriam M Treggiari
Department of Anaesthesiology, Box 359724, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Crit Care 12:R29. 2008..We aimed to determine the association between IIT and mortality in a mixed population of critically ill patients...
- The relationship of bottle feeding and other sucking behaviors with speech disorder in Patagonian preschoolersClarita Barbosa
Corporacion de Rehabilitacion Club De Leones Cruz Del Sur, Punta Arenas, Chile
BMC Pediatr 9:66. 2009..However, these findings were inconsistent. We investigated associations between use of bottles, pacifiers, and other sucking behaviors with speech disorders in children attending three preschools in Punta Arenas (Patagonia), Chile...
- Sibling history of myocardial infarction or stroke and risk of cardiovascular disease in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyN David Yanez
Department of Biostatistics, Box 357232, 1959 NE Pacific St, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ann Epidemiol 19:858-66. 2009..To assess the relationship between sibling history of myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke with cardiovascular disease (CVD) and risk factors in older adults...
- Role of intracranial pressure values and patterns in predicting outcome in traumatic brain injury: a systematic reviewMiriam M Treggiari
Department of Anesthesiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98104, USA, and Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology, and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
Neurocrit Care 6:104-12. 2007..Our purpose was to systematically review the literature to estimate the association between ICP values and patterns and short- and long-term vital and neurological outcome...
- Effect of intensive care unit organizational model and structure on outcomes in patients with acute lung injuryMiriam M Treggiari
Department of Anesthesiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:685-90. 2007..Prior studies supported an association between intensive care unit (ICU) organizational model or staffing patterns and outcome in critically ill patients...
- Accuracy of transcranial Doppler ultrasonography and single-photon emission computed tomography in the diagnosis of angiographically demonstrated cerebral vasospasmM Sean Kincaid
Department of Anesthesiology, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Neurosurg 110:67-72. 2009..The goal of this study was to assess the accuracy of the routine clinical use of transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasonography and SPECT in predicting angiographically demonstrated vasospasm...
- Atrial and brain natriuretic peptide concentrations and the response to inhaled nitric oxide in patients with acute respiratory distress syndromeMiriam M Treggiari
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, PO Box 359724, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Crit Care 25:23-9. 2010..We sought to determine whether the response to iNO, defined as 20% Pao(2)/Fio(2) increase from baseline, depends on the level of cardiac natriuretic peptides...
- Randomized trial of light versus deep sedation on mental health after critical illnessMiriam M Treggiari
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Crit Care Med 37:2527-34. 2009..Symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder are common in patients after they have undergone prolonged mechanical ventilation and are associated with sedation depth...