Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Yamashita Y, Fuller M. Asymmetric centrosome behavior and the mechanisms of stem cell division. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:261-6 pubmed publisher..Rev. Genet. 8:462-472). These findings provide new insights and suggest intriguing new models for how cells coordinate spindle orientation with their cellular microenvironment to regulate and direct cell fate decisions within tissues. ..
- Buszczak M, Inaba M, Yamashita Y. Signaling by Cellular Protrusions: Keeping the Conversation Private. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:526-534 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on new roles for cellular protrusions in cell-to-cell communication, drawing special attention to how stem cells use specialized extensions to promote reception of self-renewing signals emanating from the niche. ..
- Chen C, Fingerhut J, Yamashita Y. The ins(ide) and outs(ide) of asymmetric stem cell division. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2016;43:1-6 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss newly discovered aspects of asymmetric stem cell division that, in concert with well-established mechanisms, contribute to balancing self-renewal and differentiation. ..
- Jagannathan M, Warsinger Pepe N, Watase G, Yamashita Y. Comparative Analysis of Satellite DNA in the Drosophila melanogaster Species Complex. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:693-704 pubmed publisher..simulans clade (D. simulans, D. mauritiana, and D. sechellia), and suggests the presence of unidentified satellite sequences in these species. ..
- Lu K, Jensen L, Lei L, Yamashita Y. Stay Connected: A Germ Cell Strategy. Trends Genet. 2017;33:971-978 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize current knowledge on the formation of intercellular connectivity, and discuss its meaning by visiting multiple examples of germ cell connectivity observed in evolutionarily distant species. ..