Ann Marie Yamada
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Cross-ethnic evaluation of psychotic symptom content in hospitalized middle-aged and older adultsAnn Marie Yamada
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, 669 W 34th St, MRF 102C, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:161-8. 2006....
- Addressing mental health disparities through clinical competence not just cultural competence: the need for assessment of sociocultural issues in the delivery of evidence-based psychosocial rehabilitation servicesAnn Marie Yamada
University of Southern California, School of Social Work, MRF 102C, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0411, United States
Clin Psychol Rev 28:1386-99. 2008..Emphasizing competent clinical assessment skills will ultimately offer a strategy to address disparities in treatment outcomes for understudied populations of culturally diverse consumers with severe and persistent mental illness...
- Intrinsic motivation as a mediator of relationships between symptoms and functioning among individuals with schizophrenia spectrum disorders in a diverse urban communityAnn Marie Yamada
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:28-34. 2010..05), but no moderation effect was indicated. The strong mediation effect schizophrenia of motivation on the symptoms-functioning relationship supports future work to translate findings into effective recovery-oriented services...
- Community mental health allies: referral behavior among Asian American immigrant Christian clergyAnn Marie Yamada
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, 669 West 34th Street, Montgomery Ross Fisher Bldg, 102C, Los Angeles, CA, 90089 0411, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:107-13. 2012..Outreach efforts (including mental health education, and mental health referral information) to facilitate clergy's support of congregants with mental health needs are discussed...
- Ethnic disparities in use of public mental health case management services among patients with schizophreniaConcepcion Barrio
School of Social Work, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182 4119, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1264-70. 2003....
- Unmet needs for mental health services for latino older adults: perspectives from consumers, family members, advocates, and service providersConcepcion Barrio
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0411, USA
Community Ment Health J 44:57-74. 2008..Latino older adults experienced their unmet needs in ways associated with their cultural background and minority status. Age- and culturally-appropriate services are needed to overcome these barriers...
- A culturally relevant conceptualization of depression: an empirical examination of the factorial structure of the Vietnamese Depression ScaleTam Q Dinh
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 55:496-505. 2009..Despite the high risk of depression among Vietnamese refugees, there has been insufficient attention to the psychometric properties of the most utilized scale, the Vietnamese Depression Scale (VDS: Kinzie et al., 1982)...
- A tri-ethnic examination of symptom expression on the positive and negative syndrome scale in schizophrenia spectrum disordersConcepcion Barrio
School of Social Work, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, 92182 4119, San Diego, CA, USA
Schizophr Res 60:259-69. 2003..The cultural implications for the ethnic differences in each symptom behavior and the need for further research on symptom expression from an ethnographic perspective are discussed...
- Assessing Sociocultural Factors in Psychosocial Rehabilitation ServicesANN YAMADA; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will serve as the basis for an R01 to examine the impact of the use of the SCAP on consumer outcomes. ..