Carolina E Yahne
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Magdalena Pilot Project: motivational outreach to substance abusing women street sex workersCarolina E Yahne
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions CASAA, The University of New Mexico, 2650 Yale SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:49-53. 2002..In identifying problems that most needed to be addressed in order to help them live healthier lives, the women prioritized (1) basic needs including decent housing, (2) mental health care, and (3) treatment for substance use disorders...
- Motivational interviewing in drug abuse services: a randomized trialWilliam R Miller
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 1161, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:754-63. 2003..Contrary to prior reports, MI showed no effect on drug use outcomes when added to inpatient or outpatient treatment, although both groups showed substantial increases in abstinence from illicit drugs and alcohol...
- Client commitment language during motivational interviewing predicts drug use outcomesPaul C Amrhein
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:862-78. 2003..CS for client evaluation of a change plan predicted outcome PDA. CS was predicted by strength of desire, ability, need, and reasons, but more strongly predicted outcome PDA, suggesting CS is a pathway for their influence on behavior...
- A randomized trial of methods to help clinicians learn motivational interviewingWilliam R Miller
Department of Psychology, Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1161, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:1050-62. 2004..Posttraining proficiency was generally well maintained throughout follow-up. Clinician self-reports of MI skillfulness were unrelated to proficiency levels in observed practice...
- Smoking cessation during substance abuse treatment: what you need to knowCatherine Theresa Baca
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse and Addictions, University of New Mexico, 2650 Yale S E, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 36:205-19. 2009..We will discuss how to incorporate smoking cessation...