Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Genome-wide mapping of ORC and Mcm2p binding sites on tiling arrays and identification of essential ARS consensus sequences in S. cerevisiaeWeihong Xu
Molecular and Computational Biology Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Genomics 7:276. 2006..However, an ACS is not sufficient for origin function and the majority of ACS matches do not function as ORC binding sites, complicating the specific identification of these sites...
- Rad53 regulates replication fork restart after DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeShawn J Szyjka
Molecular and Computational Biology Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Genes Dev 22:1906-20. 2008..We propose a model for regulation of replication fork progression through damaged DNA involving a cycle of Rad53 activation and deactivation that coordinates replication restart with DNA repair...
- Coding SNPs as intrinsic markers for sample tracking in large-scale transcriptome studiesWeihong Xu
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Biotechniques 52:386-8. 2012..Based on our results, we recommend the incorporation of cSNPs into future transcriptome array designs as intrinsic markers for sample tracking...
- The role of autophagy in mitochondria maintenance: characterization of mitochondrial functions in autophagy-deficient S. cerevisiae strainsYong Zhang
Pharmacology Department and the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Autophagy 3:337-46. 2007..This study clearly indicates that an autophagy defect has a functional impact on various aspects of mitochondrial functions and suggests a critical role of autophagy in mitochondria maintenance...
- Deletion of 14q24.1 approximately q24.3 in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a hidden chromosomal anomaly detected by array-based comparative genomic hybridizationWeihong Xu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 185:43-6. 2008..A similar approach by array CGH in patients with ALL, especially in those patients with 12p deletion, could help to determine the significance of this rare event...