Affiliation: University of California
- Time-Dependent Propensity Score for Assessing the Effect of Vaccine Exposure on Pregnancy Outcomes through Pregnancy Exposure Cohort StudiesRonghui Xu
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0112, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:3074-85. 2014..The application of the Cox regression PS is illustrated using data from a recent study of the safety of pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine during pregnancy. ..
- Assessing the effect of vaccine on spontaneous abortion using time-dependent covariates Cox modelsRonghui Xu
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:844-50. 2012..In addition, when such studies are conducted through pregnancy registries where recruitment occurs after pregnancy recognition, the accrued subjects are left truncated in the sense that they are not followed from the start of pregnancy...
- On proportional hazards assumption under the random effects modelsRonghui Xu
Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0112, USA
Lifetime Data Anal 13:317-32. 2007..The model checking technique is illustrated on a multi-center lung cancer trial...
- A sample size calculation for spontaneous abortion in observational studiesRonghui Xu
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Reprod Toxicol 32:490-3. 2011..The method is exemplified on a hypothetical prospective study of risk for SAB...
- Risks and safety of pandemic h1n1 influenza vaccine in pregnancy: birth defects, spontaneous abortion, preterm delivery, and small for gestational age infantsChristina D Chambers
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, United States Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA, United States Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, United States Clinical Translational Research Institute, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, United States Vaccines and Medications in Pregnancy Surveillance System, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 31:5026-32. 2013..There is a need for additional information on the fetal risks and relative safety of the pandemic H1N1 monovalent or trivalent influenza (pH1N1)-containing vaccines in women exposed during pregnancy...
- rTMS for suppressing neuropathic pain: a meta-analysisAlbert Leung
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, VA San Diego Healthcare System, USA
J Pain 10:1205-16. 2009..In short, rTMS appears to be more effective in suppressing centrally than peripherally originated neuropathic pain states...
- Modular psychotherapy for anxiety in older primary care patientsJulie Loebach Wetherell
Psychiatry Department, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 9116, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:483-92. 2009..To develop and test a modular psychotherapy protocol in older primary care patients with anxiety disorders...
- Pirfenidone for diabetic nephropathyKumar Sharma
Center for Renal Translational Medicine, University of California San Diego Veteran Affairs Medical Center, La Jolla, CA 92093 0711, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1144-51. 2011..In conclusion, these results suggest that pirfenidone is a promising agent for individuals with overt diabetic nephropathy...
- Parental ability to discriminate the weight status of children: results of a surveyJeannie S Huang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Pediatrics 120:e112-9. 2007..In this study we aimed to explore parents' weight perceptions of their children and of unrelated children...
- Sex-specific survival advantage with parathyroid hormone-related protein in non-small cell lung carcinoma patientsRandolph H Hastings
Research, Anesthesiology, and Medicine Services, VA San Diego Healthcare System, VA Mediucal Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:499-506. 2006..However, its relationship with survival has not been evaluated in a large-scale investigation...
- Birth outcomes in women who have taken leflunomide during pregnancyChristina D Chambers
Rady Children s Hospital, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0828, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:1494-503. 2010..The present study was undertaken to investigate pregnancy outcomes in women who received leflunomide and were treated with cholestyramine during pregnancy...
- Influence of the number of malignant regional lymph nodes detected by endoscopic ultrasonography on survival stratification in esophageal adenocarcinomaJaime Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, San Diego, and Department of Internal Medicine, San Diego Veterans Affairs Hospital, California, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:573-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the influence of the number of malignant-appearing regional lymph nodes detected on endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) on survival in patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Suspected nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and mortality risk in a population-based cohort studyWinston Dunn
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2263-71. 2008..The current study compared the survival of subjects with and without suspected NAFLD in a population-based cohort, and placed the finding in the context of previously published case series...
- Modest wine drinking and decreased prevalence of suspected nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseWinston Dunn
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8450, USA
Hepatology 47:1947-54. 2008..15 (95% confidence interval, 0.05-0.49). Using the healthy subject cut point, suspected NAFLD was observed in 14.3% of nondrinkers and 8.6% of wine drinkers. The adjusted odds ratio was 0.51 (95% confidence interval, 0.33-0.79)...
- Measuring explained variation in linear mixed effects modelsRonghui Xu
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Stat Med 22:3527-41. 2003..All the measures can be easily obtained from software programs that fit linear mixed models. We study the performance of the measures through Monte Carlo simulations, and illustrate the usefulness of the measures on data sets...
- Genetic and environmental contributions to age of onset of alcohol dependence symptoms in male twinsI Chao Liu
Department of Psychiatry, Cardinal Tien Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Addiction 99:1403-9. 2004..To investigate genetic and environmental influences on the development of specific alcohol dependence symptoms...
- Genetic and environmental contributions to the development of alcohol dependence in male twinsI Chao Liu
Department of Psychiatry, Cardinal Tien Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:897-903. 2004..Information on the heritability of the development of alcohol dependence could provide a better understanding of the importance of genetic components in disease transition...
- Clinical model to predict survival in chemonaive patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer treated with third-generation chemotherapy regimens based on eastern cooperative oncology group dataTien Hoang
University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Ave, K4 562, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:175-83. 2005....
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for resected adenocarcinoma of the esophagus, gastro-esophageal junction, and cardia: phase II trial (E8296) of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupMary Armanios
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4495-9. 2004..To evaluate the effect of postoperative paclitaxel and cisplatin on 2-year survival in patients with completely resected adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus, gastro-esophageal (GE) junction, and cardia...
- Explained randomness in proportional hazards modelsJOHN O'QUIGLEY
Institut Curie, Paris
Stat Med 24:479-89. 2005..When there is censoring the SAS coefficient would not seem satisfactory in that its population counterpart depends on an independent censoring mechanism. However there is a quick fix and we argue in favour of its use...
- Survival analysis with time-varying regression effects using a tree-based approachRonghui Xu
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biometrics 58:305-15. 2002..The utility of the algorithm is shown on the lymphoma data, where we further develop the published International Risk Index into a time-varying risk index for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...