Affiliation: University of California
- Effect of WOW process parameters on morphology and burst release of FITC-dextran loaded PLGA microspheresShirui Mao
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmacy, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Ketzerbach 63, D 35032 Marburg, Germany
Int J Pharm 334:137-48. 2007..In summary, surface porosity and internal morphology play a significant role in the release of hydrophilic macromolecules from biodegradable microspheres in the initial release phase characterized by pore diffusion...
- Probing the collective vibrational dynamics of a protein in liquid water by terahertz absorption spectroscopyJing Xu
Department of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Protein Sci 15:1175-81. 2006..The techniques used here and measurements have the potential to experimentally confront theoretical calculations on a frequency scale that is important for macromolecular motions in a biologically relevant water environment...
- Collective dynamics of lysozyme in water: terahertz absorption spectroscopy and comparison with theoryJing Xu
Department of Physics and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:24255-9. 2006..Further, we observe a low-frequency cutoff in terahertz dynamics between 0.2 and 0.3 THz, and we see no evidence of a predicted normal mode at approximately 0.09 THz for the protein...
- Terahertz circular dichroism spectroscopy: a potential approach to the in situ detection of life's metabolic and genetic machineryJing Xu
Department of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
Astrobiology 3:489-504. 2003..Moreover, terahertz circular dichroism spectroscopy detects this machinery in a manner that makes few, if any, assumptions as to its chemical nature or the processes that it performs...
- Dynamic liquid-phase microextraction with HPLC for the determination of phoxim in water samplesPei Liang
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, PR China
J Sep Sci 29:366-70. 2006..01 to 10 microg/mL. The LOD is 2 ng/mL, and RSD at the 100 ng/mL levels is 8.9%. Lake water and tap water samples were successfully analyzed using the proposed method...
- Characterization of proteome of human cerebrospinal fluidJing Xu
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 73:29-98. 2006
- [VNTR polymorphism of C6orf37 in Chinese population]Jing Cui
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:354-9. 2006..To identify a novel VNTR in C6orf37 and to detect the C6orf37 VNTR polymorphism distribution in Chinese population...
- Effects of cholesterol on proliferation and functional protein expression in rabbit bile duct fibroblastsBao Ying Chen
Department of Radiology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, Shannxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:889-93. 2004..To investigate the effect of cholesterol (Ch) on the growth and functional protein expression of rabbit bile duct fibroblasts...
- Ultrasonic-assisted synthesis of highly dispersed MoO3 nanospheres using 3-mercaptopropyltrimethoxysilaneKai Du
National Laboratory of Superhard Materials, Jilin University, Changchun, 130012 Jilin, PR China
Ultrason Sonochem 15:233-8. 2008..X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) was also adopted to confirm the growth mechanism. The possible cause of formation was based on dispersion function of ultrasonic irradiation and figuration of MPTS...
- Influence of ionic surfactants on the flocculation and sorption of palladium and mercury in the aquatic environmentAndrew Turner
School of Earth, Ocean and Environmental Sciences, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Water Res 42:318-26. 2008..However, greater stability of HDTMA suggests that its effects on such metals, including enhanced flocculation and sorption, are likely to be more pervasive...
- Application of dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction and high-performance liquid chromatography for the determination of three phthalate esters in water samplesPei Liang
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 609:53-8. 2008..S.D.) for the extraction of 10 ng mL(-1) of phthalate esters were in the range of 4.3-5.9% (n=7). Lake water, tap water and bottled mineral water samples were successfully analyzed using the proposed method...
- Heat stress protection in Aspen sp1 transgenic Arabidopsis thalianaBo Zhu
College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
BMB Rep 41:382-7. 2008..These preliminarily results suggest that the over-expression of SP1 may notably enhance heat-tolerant level of transgenic A. thaliana plants...