Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Dax-1 and steroid receptor RNA activator (SRA) function as transcriptional coactivators for steroidogenic factor 1 in steroidogenesisBin Xu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5678, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:1719-34. 2009..These findings reveal novel functions of SRA and Dax-1 in steroidogenesis and adrenal biology...
- Multiple roles for the non-coding RNA SRA in regulation of adipogenesis and insulin sensitivityBin Xu
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e14199. 2010..SRA also inhibits the expression of adipocyte-related inflammatory genes and TNFα-induced phosphorylation of c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase. In conclusion, SRA enhances adipogenesis and adipocyte function through multiple pathways...
- SRA regulates adipogenesis by modulating p38/JNK phosphorylation and stimulating insulin receptor gene expression and downstream signalingShannon Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e95416. 2014..This likely reflects a stimulatory role of SRA on IR transcription, as transfection studies showed that SRA increased expression of an IR promoter-luciferase reporter construct...
- Dax1 up-regulates Oct4 expression in mouse embryonic stem cells via LRH-1 and SRAVictoria R Kelly
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Endocrinol 24:2281-91. 2010..Thus, our results indicate that Dax1 plays an important role in the maintenance of pluripotency in mES cells through interaction with LRH-1 and transcriptional activation of Oct4 and other genes...
- SRA gene knockout protects against diet-induced obesity and improves glucose toleranceShannon Liu
From the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes
J Biol Chem 289:13000-9. 2014..To our knowledge, these data are the first to indicate a functional role for SRA in adipose tissue biology and glucose homeostasis in vivo. ..
- An RNA-binding domain in the thyroid hormone receptor enhances transcriptional activationBin Xu
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0678, USA
J Biol Chem 279:33051-6. 2004..We conclude that thyroid hormone receptors bind RNA through a novel domain and that the interaction of this domain with SRA, and perhaps other RNAs, enhances thyroid hormone receptor function...
- Regulation of thyroid hormone receptor alpha2 RNA binding and subcellular localization by phosphorylationBin Xu
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, 5560 MSRB II, 1150 West Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, 48109 0678, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 245:147-57. 2005..Since RNA binding is a property of unphosphorylated TRalpha2, the TRalpha2-RNA interaction likely represents a nuclear function of TRalpha2...
- Geochemical processes controlling fate and transport of arsenic in acid mine drainage (AMD) and natural systemsHefa Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resources Reuse, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, PR China
J Hazard Mater 165:13-26. 2009....
- Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression by thyroid hormone receptorsBin Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of TR targeted mRNAs will reveal novel functions of TR to regulate gene expression at post-transcriptional levels related to the brain function and neurodevelopment.. ..